𝟗

🎶 Playlist 🎶

Mareux

-

The Perfect Girl

• • •

𝟗

• • •

[29th June, 2006]

• • •

"TOMORROW'S YOUR LAST DAY," Carlisle stated, his brows furrowing as he watched Jodha from across the booth.

A faint, sweet scent intermingled with her natural, mouthwatering fragrance, and he couldn't help but admire the gleam in the dark waterfall of her tresses arranged neatly over her shoulder. She wasn't one for elaborate hairstyles and updos, the simplicity of her appearance only further exacerbating his primal need for her. Knowing she didn't need to primp or preen, or do anything that was out of her zone, to leave a lasting impression spoke volumes of her hold over him.

He simply yearned for her.

Dangerous, if he was being completely honest with himself. Had he vowed not to lay a finger on her? Knowing him, possibly. Was he going to keep his word? He always did, but the woman opposite him tested his self-control to astronomical degrees.

Recalcitrant reason and mind-boggling insanity laid within the same source of his psyche. Helping him leash the sordid part of himself that Jodha didn't need to see so early on in their courtship.

It was disrespectful.

Dirty.

Undeniably tempting.

God, if he was damned to Hell, he might as well ride the high.

All the more reason to be relieved of these casual dates.

Not Carlisle, though. Ever the masochist.

And right now, knowing that their daily lunch meetings were coming to an end tempered the air with something close to harsh disappointment.

Sure, there would be many opportunities to take her out on dates but...the casual air in these private meetings made space for discussions and topics of conversation that would otherwise be too cumbersome, too serious, for any other setting. They were emotionally intimate, cocooned by the fact that they shared the deepest parts of themselves while on these dates, relishing how much closer they had become due to it.

Touching her mind in such a manner, coaxing her - and him - towards the satisfaction of giving each other a glimpse into their vulnerabilities...well, it rivalled the majesty of a thousand setting suns. He never wanted it to end.

Fingertips tracing the edge of the cardboard menu on the table, even though they already ordered, Jodha hummed her affirmation to his words.

Her gaze never left the dratted thing and the slight darkening of her cheeks assured him that her actions were a mere diversion from meeting his gaze and not because she couldn't stand the sight of his face.

Thinking she was capable of the latter didn't sit well with him, but he welcomed and took immense pleasure in her bashfulness.

"I was thinking of another Friday night date." His stare didn't let up as he leaned back and rested his interlocked hands on the table. She glanced up at him, lodging the menu card back in the empty slot of the napkin holder, expression curious yet oddly closed off as she hitched her chin on the seat of her palm. "Perhaps a five-star restaurant then dancing? Forego our lunch date, if you'd like."