vii. welcome back

TO BE LOVED :: vii, welcome back

TO BE LOVED
:: vii, welcome back

[ 1 MONTH LATER ]

After the whole fiasco, Thomas went to the hospital and when he was cleared to go home, Dean decided to take it upon himself to watch after Thomas till he was back on his feet and ready for work again.

Dean cleaned himself and though he hasn't been using for months, he did his best to not be in that kind of environment and not just for him but for his brother too. He wanted to be there one hundred percent for Thomas because Thomas needed him right then.

As of right now though, Thomas was finishing getting ready. It was his first day back since the shooting. Each day since had been kind of scary, but he didn't regret his decision. He saved jj and that's all that mattered.

He finished putting on his tie before making his way out his room and heading to the front door. His brother was still sleep so he left a note for Dean on the fridge. It was his first day back since the incident and to say he was nervous would be an understatement. Once he got to his car, he turned it on and began to drive to the BAU.

• • •

His heart stopped a bit once he was in front of the entryway. He gulped before walking in. He took his badge out and brought it up to the scanner to be signed in and after that, he made his way to the elevator to get to the BAU level.

Once it dinged, he stepped out the elevator and walked into the open area. He then opened the double glass doors and immediately headed to hotch's office. After being in there for maybe a good five minutes, Jennifer and Emily walked into the BAU. They noticed their coworkers watching hotch's office.

"Looks like he's back." Spencer stated the obvious, earning a look from Morgan.

"Have you guys talked with him yet?" Jj ask. She was desperate to know how he was doing and well she wanted to know why he jumped in front of the bullet.

Soon after another round of hand gestures, Thomas left hotch's office down to the rest of the group who happened to be standing next to his desk.

"Welcome, back." Morgan placed his hand on Thomas' shoulder, giving it a little squeeze.

Thomas' just gave him a head nod before sitting down at his desk. Everyone else greeted him a welcome back while jj on the other hand, sat on his desk. It took her a second to finally say something.

"Glad you're back." She began with a small smile.

He looked up into her blue eyes, "Thanks." He could get lost in them forever.

She fiddled with her fingers as she looked down at them, "Why did you take the bullet for me?" She looked back up towards the end of her question.

Thomas sighed, leaning back into his spinning chair. "We're teammates. Couldn't let anything happen to you." He lied.

She scoffed, "I could say the same thing."

"You're the better agent. I'm new. The team needs you more than me, right?" He elaborated but more like continued on his lie. Lucky for him though, she bought it. I guess she doesn't know him all too well yet to tell when he's lying like the rest of the team can do with each other.

Jennifer just gave him a look before getting up and heading over to her desk. He was so relieved that she bought it. He's not one to tell lies but when you just get there and immediately start crushing on your coworker, that can lead down a rabbit hole.

Thomas ran his hand through his hair as he scooted his chair closer to the desk. He began organizing most of the paperwork that was placed on his desk earlier that morning. After a few minutes of looking through the paperwork, he saw from the corner of his eye some guy talking to jj. He quickly glanced over there then back at his paperwork. He was quite curious to know who he was so he leaned forward to Spencer, who's desk was attached to his.

"Spencer?" Thomas whispered, "Who's that guy talking to Jennifer?"

Spencer glanced up, looking at Jennifer before leaning forward to answer Thomas' question. "That's Will. He's a cop."

"What's he doing here?" Thomas shot another question.

"Probably saying hi. Him and Jennifer are in a relationship." Spencer finished before leaning back in his chair to continue his word puzzle.

Thomas leaned back as well and crossed his arms, continuing to look at them. Eventually he got tired of the smiles and giggles, so he got up from his desk and began to walk to the coffee machine. On his way there, a voice all too familiar made him stop in his tracks.

"Thomas!" Jj called out and he turned on his heels, heading over to her. "I want you to meet will."

"Heard lots about you." Will stuck out his hand.

He took will's hand and shook it, "All good I hope."

Will nodded, "Of course. You took one for the team. Glad to see you back."

Thomas just nodded and slightly smiled as he pulled his hand out the grip. Before he could continue his way to the coffee machine, Garcia came walking by and it was a tell they had a case. Thomas and Jennifer shared looks before he made his way to the conference room.

Jj said her goodbye to will and followed behind with the rest of the team. As jj walked in, Thomas' eyes never left her. It easy to tell he was jealous. He considered will to be a lucky man but he knew right then that he had to put his feelings away and focus on this new case.

 He considered will to be a lucky man but he knew right then that he had to put his feelings away and focus on this new case

a/n:
he and will's first meet!!
ohh the drama 👀