viii. teamwork

TO BE LOVED :: viii, teamwork

TO BE LOVED
:: viii, teamwork

"Drop the gun!" Thomas pointed the gun at the unsub. The rest of his team came around the corner, they were just all finishing up a case. All their guns pointed at the unsub. Thomas realized the dude wasn't dropping it so he shook his head disappointingly, "Come on, man. I don't want to shoot you."

"Listen to him, you don't want to do this." Morgan chimed in, moving in next to Thomas.

The unsub turned the gun and pointed it at himself. Seconds later, the trigger was pulled and Thomas did his best to look away as did the rest of the team. Soon enough, hotch came over to check the pulse and there was none. A good day is when both are saved, the unsub and the victim but I guess this time it was moderate.

The rest of the team exited the scene heading outside. Thomas followed the rest of them out as well. The team and him were very much agitated and that's because they still didn't know where the unsub was holding the victim. They had to go all over the profile again to figure out where he holds his victims. They know of the dump site but not where he takes them before hand.

They all stood there thinking until a light bulb went off in Reid's head.

"We profiled that he might have a second location, like a garage or something along those lines." He spoke quickly and Morgan pulled out his phone.

"I'll call Garcia." He walked away from the team as he quickly sped through his contacts before pressing Garcia's name.

It wasn't that long before they received an answer. It turns out, the unsub did have a second location and of course it was close by, so he'll have more access. The agents hurried to the suvs and drove to the second location as fast they could. It was a garage in a garage unit.

Once they got there and showed their credentials, they took no time getting into that garage. Morgan forced it open and luckily, the girl was found alive. Everyone could finally breath and not hold in their breaths anymore. The paramedics were called and the team got to go back to the BAU with smiles on their faces. They saved someone and that someone gets to continue on with their life, they would call that a win.

Soon everything wrapped up, the case was now closed and that meant the BAU could return back to Quantico.

"I'm kind of hungry." Emily threw out there and everyone else agreed.

"What about an Italian dinner from chef Rossi?" Thomas lightly chuckled because he knew he put Dave on the spot.

Dave looked down then slowly glanced at Thomas, "You're bringing your brother."

Thomas smiled and jj noticed, she likes when he smiles. Thomas just had that type of smile that's so affectionate. Everyone got into the black suvs and began their way to the airport to get back home so they could have that team dinner at rossi's.

• • •

About two and half hours later, they all got back finally. It was around seven at night and everyone was going to go straight to rossi's. Thomas on the other hand, he had to swing by his place and pick up his brother. As soon as he got in his car, he was on a straight route home. As he drove home, he dialed his brother's number.

It was a few rings later until his infamous brother answered.

"Hey, sunny boy." Thomas sounded quite cheery, "What are you doing?"

"About to eat a sandwich. You on your way home?" Dean spoke on the other line.

"Drop the sandwich and get dress." He told his brother with a proud tone.

"Why?"

"Rossi's— Dave, is having a dinner. It's a team dinner but you're invited too." Thomas elaborated more.

"Cool, honk when you get here." And with that, the call ended.

Thomas drove past another two lights and after a sharp left, he parked outside of his apartment complex. He honked twice then leaned back, sitting there waiting for his brother.

About five minutes later, his brother was finally walking out the double doors of the apartment complex to the passenger's side of the car. Dean got on in and buckled up. Once everyone was secure, Thomas made a U turn and began to head in the direction of Dave's house— well more like mansion.

After about twenty minutes, the brothers finally pulled up into Dave's driveway. Once the car was in park, Thomas turned it off and along with his brother, got out. They made their way to the door and it immediately opened, revealing Emily. She smiled letting them past through. After she closed the door behind them, they made their way to the kitchen.

"My boys!" Dave exclaims as he made his way to them, giving them a quick hug.

• • •

Soon enough dinner was done cooking and everyone was on the patio eating and laughing. It was also a chance to get to know Dean better and even Thomas. Since he became a part of the team, there hasn't been a proper get-to-know-you, so this dinner was perfect for it. Between all the laughs and giggles, slight glances were taken of Thomas and Jennifer.

Deep down Thomas knew those feelings for jj, he could never act on because of Will. Though he's a good guy, he really doesn't want to be in that moment. Each time he sees her, his whole life flashes before his eyes. As usual, he was in awe of her and his brother noticed from the seat right next to him.

He examined them as they shared a few glances with one another. As he kept his eyes on the two, he joined in on the laughter that echoed around the table. He didn't want to seem too suspicious as he kept his eyes on them, mostly his brother. That's because, whatever was happening now, it happened back in high school with another girl. With that thought on his mind, he knew he had to speak to his brother once they were back home.

 With that thought on his mind, he knew he had to speak to his brother once they were back home

a/n:
dean sees everything.