xv. sherwood, nevada ( part 2 )

TO BE LOVED :: xv, sherwood, nevada ( part 2 )

TO BE LOVED
:: xv, sherwood, nevada ( part 2 )

Thomas and Jennifer had just pulled up in front of his parents' house. After turning the truck off, he just sat there. His chest slowly rose and dropped, due to his steadily but nervous breathing. Jj's eyes diverted towards him and once again she reached her hand, but she didn't place it on his shoulder, she placed it on his hand, the one that was gripping the steering wheel.

"You don't have to go in."

Thomas glanced towards her hand that rested on his and gently pulled away. He let out a deep sigh, "Don't do that." He then began to get out the truck and proceed to the front door.

She followed him and as she approached the door behind him, it swung open.

There stood Thomas' father in front of him. Thomas just walked passed him, heading inside with jj following behind. He wasn't even sure if he wanted a hug nor his father.

Soon the door closed behind them and his mother came into view. She had a bright smile on as she approached her son. Thomas wasn't even sure if he wanted a hug from her either, but she did it anyway. She hugged him and he didn't hug her back.

The first thought to come to mind of his father, "How's Dean?"

Thomas lightly scoffed, "How's dean? That's it? You're asking about someone who isn't here while I'm five feet away from you."

"I just want to know how my son is."

His mother chimed in, "He means sons." She wanted to lighten the mood ever so quickly, "So, is this your girlfriend?" She gestured towards Jennifer.

He glanced at jj for a millisecond, "No. Coworker."

His father began to sit in his favorite chair, "Honestly, I thought it was that pretty girl who came in a few days ago."