xix. devilish acts ( part 2 )

TO BE LOVED :: xix, devilish acts ( part 2 )

TO BE LOVED
:: xix, devilish acts ( part 2 )

For the most part, Thomas had been doing what Rossi said for the past few hours —— staying out the way. However, jones was about to be family and he couldn't watch his soon to be brother in law crumble because he didn't do everything he could to help.

So without thinking before acting, he called jones on his phone. He asked him to come back to the house because he needed to talk with him and it was quite important.

Eventually, Thomas heard the front door opening. He walked from the kitchen to the door and found jones locking it from just walking in.

"See any cool sights?"

He shrugged, "Not really. Kind of stuck close to the neighborhood. What's up? You called."

"Obviously you know the case opened again. It was never closed but the Sherwood killer resurfaced."

Jones nodded, "Ok."

Thomas deeply sighed, "My team's looking at you as the killer. They think you're apart of this somehow and that it relates to me."

Jones eyes grew wide. He quickly became nervous, "What? Are you able to do something about this?"

"No." Thomas shook his head, "I'm off the case. But I suggest you leave town. If you're gone and the killer strikes again, that'll rule you out as a suspect."

He nodded, "Yeah . . I'll call Chrissy and make a call to some buddies."

Jones began heading past Thomas to the staircase and as he began up to his room, Thomas turned in his direction.

"Jones!" He called out, "Be discreet. My team will ask questions of your whereabouts."

"Noted."