Chapter Nine

∼ ❤︎❧✰ ∼

∼ ❤︎❧✰ ∼

"You seem to be everywhere." Thanos turned to look at Madeleine as she glared at him. "You know, my friend Tony told me he had nightmares about you for years because you sent...Loki to Earth Then you attack our ship with my friend and family on it. I lost two of the closest people to me that day."

"It was a sacrifice for a greater cause." He spoke in a monotone clearly not caring about anything. This ain't purple man was incapable of caring about anything or having any sympathy. 

"Bullshit." Madeleine used her magic to fight Thanos but it was not used as he used the power stone to overpower her with the reality stone making her sink into the wall in be stuck there. She may have been experimented on two out of the three stones the man had but the three stones together were more powerful than her.

"Reality can be whatever I want." he turned his attention to his adoptive daughter who was lightly sobbing thinking that moments ago she had killed him, her father even though he was horrible to her and made people hate her for being known as his daughter. "You knew I'd come." Gamora realised.

"I counted on it. There's something we need to discuss, little one." Thanos took a hold of Gamora as she tried to attack him. Madeleine didn't focus on anything that was going on as she searched through Gamora's head trying to find out what she knew.

She found it. Just as she did Gamora and Thanos were gone. Vormir. That was the place that Gamora was hiding from him, it was the location of the soul stone.

"No, no, no." Gamora was now another person Maddie knew was going to die.

∼ ❤︎❧✰ ∼

"Mr. Secretary." Steve Roggers greeted Ross as he and Natasha led Wanda, and Sam hold a hurt Vision into the room the Rhodes was in being in a meeting with the secretary. "You got some nerve. I'll give you that." Ross told them with a cold hard glare but no one in the room seemed to care about what he had to say.

"You could use some of that right now," Natasha smirked knowing she got under his skin and everyone knew it. "The worlds on fire. And you think, all is forgiven?" The hologram of the Secretary asked walking up to the group of five stopping in front of Nat.

"I'm not looking for forgiveness. And I'm way past asking for permission. Earth just lost her best defender. So we're here to fight. And if you wanna stand in our way... we'll fight you, too." Steve told him.

He then turned to Rhodes. "Arrest them."

"All over it." he lied getting rid of the hologram while rolling his eyes.

Natasha, Steve and James all greeted each other with hugs and smiles. "Well. You guys really look like crap. Must've been a rough couple of years." James joke not lying though. "Yeah, well, the hotels weren't exactly five stars," Sam told him.