Chapter Eleven

∼ ❤︎❧✰ ∼

∼ ❤︎❧✰ ∼

"What are you doing to her?!" The Winter Soldier roars as guards had to hold him back from running to go and get the little redhead Maximoff girl. She was three at the time as two ground slowly guided the girl away from him while four others held the super-soldier back.

The three-year-old held her teddy bear in one hand as they would push her messy redhead away from her face. She wore a big smile on her face not knowing what was going on as they told her they had a surprise for her. Little did she know what the HYDRA man was planning for her after they got the Space stone. Already having the Mind stone being a part of who it was.

"Now soldier, why do you care? It's not like she's even yours." Bucky didn't care if she was his or not. He knew one thing and one thing alone, Madeliene was his and will forever be his. She was his little girl. He would do anything to protect her no matter what his conscience was. "Fuck you! Just because she's not my blood doesn't mean anything! You said it before if I remember, she is my child! Do you remember that? When you got me to adopt her for leverage on me, as far as I'm concerned she is a Barnes, my Madeleine Barnes, my daughter, my child!"

"Daddy?" Maddie's head turned around to face him with a sad expression not knowing why he was so mad or why he was yelling. "Daddy?" She repeated only having now gotten his attention as he looked straight at her and smiled so she would believe him.

"Maddie, sweetheart... you're gonna be okay, okay? Everything's gonna be fine." He stopped fighting the guards knowing that whatever he did from now on the little girl would have to suffer as the conscience he wouldn't be able to live with himself if something happened to her because of him.

"Okay." She turned back around and followed the man and she talk their eas off leaving Bucky once again all alone as he waited for her to come back to him as she was all he had and she was his home. That little girl was the only thing that kept him going. Knowing she was alive and safe with him or her mother was the best thing in his life right now.

He didn't know who her mother was but he was sure he wanted to know. He wanted to know who brought the best person he had ever met into this world. Though the world they lived in was cruel she was the source of his happiness. No one ever told him the name of her mother or what the girl's last name was. They just made the man get close to him so that they would know he always would want to come back as they had the only person he cared about. She was also the only person and thing they let him remember.

∼ ❤︎❧✰ ∼

"Guess what day it is?!" The five-year-old ran into the room that the super soldier was in. The little bundle of joy jumped into his arms as he was standing with a nice warm smile on her face. "Oh is it Christmas? Did I forget about Christmas again?" He slyly replied telling her the wrong answer.