Manuel Neuer [~] Monsters Under the Bed

You snuggled into your husband's chest as he wrapped one arm around your waist and rested the other on your slightly swollen stomach. You were five months pregnant with your and Manuel's second child together. Your other child, a little girl, was currently sleeping in the next room over, or so you had thought. Your deep sleep was interrupted by someone shaking you awake. Confused, you cracked your eyes open to see your daughter, standing next to you and your husband's bed. "What's wrong, (Y/D/N)?" you asked, sitting up. This disturbed your husband, who started to wake up as well, as you pulled your three-year-old into the bed.

"Can I sleep with you and daddy?" she questioned, burying her face into your collarbone. She shook in your arms as your husband finally awoke.

"Of course, sweetheart, but why do you need to sleep here? What's wrong with your bed?" your husband interjected.

"There were monsters, Daddy, under my bed. I could hear them. They were trying to eat me! I barely escaped," your daughter sobbed. Manuel threw off the covers on his side of the bed and got out of bed. "Where are you going, Daddy?"

"To scare off the monsters. No one gets away with scaring my little girl," Manuel winked before heading towards your daughters room.

"Mommy, the monsters are going to eat Daddy!" your daughter cried. She wiggled out of your grasp, heading after her father. "We have to go save him!" You got out of bed as well, taking your daughter's small hand in your own hand. Manuel opened your daughter's room door. Your daughter hid herself behind your leg. Manuel walked into the room.

Getting down on all fours, he lifted the bed sheet that blocked the view of the area below your daughter's bed. "Hey, who said you can come in here and scare my little girl! Get out! Go on, leave! Don't come back, you monsters!" your husband shouted, making motions with his hand to make it look like he was beating up the monsters. "Stay out of my daughter's room, unless you want to deal with me again," your husband told the area below your daughter's bed.

Turning around, he looked over at your daughter who was staring at your husband in amazement. You turned on the light and led your daughter over to the bed. "No more monsters, see," your husband replied, revealing the empty space under your daughter's bed. Your daughter cautiously looked under the bed.

"Thank you daddy!" she shouted, latching onto his neck. He stood up and tucked her back into bed.

"If those monsters come back, just let me know and I'll scare them away again," your husband smiled. Your daughter laid down and fell asleep almost instantly. You quietly kissed her forehead, Manuel doing the same, before you both walked out of your daughter's room, turning off the light and shutting the door.

"You're a hero," you told your husband, kissing his cheek. He smiled down at you.

"I try," he replied, leading you back to your shared bedroom. Let's just say, the monsters never bothered your little girl again and your daughter was convinced that your husband was a hero, her hero.