Aaron Ramsey [~] Love at First Glance

For CharlieHeartAaron:

                Aaron warmed up on the pitch of the Emirates Stadium. It was warm outside and Aaron already felt the unusually warm air's effects on his body. Wiping a bit a sweat off his forehead, he looked around. The crowd around the stadium started to thicken. However, Aaron's eyes focused on only one person and one person alone: you.

                Standing with an Arsenal scarf around your neck, despite the temperature, you smiled. Turning to talk to your comrade, Aaron's attention was drawn back to the upcoming match as his teammates called him back into the present. He jogged off the field before joining his fellow Arsenal players in the tunnel. Clutching the hand of a child, Aaron loosely shook his legs out.

                Even though he should have been focused on the match, his mind couldn't help but stray towards you standing in the crowd. Why you had stuck out to him, he didn't know, but he was glad he noticed you. The procession started and Aaron was forced to focus back on the match itself. Walking out onto the pitch, Aaron stood tall as the formalities of the pre-match took place.

                Walking to his starting position, Aaron once again shook out his limbs. He glanced around and the crowd lining the sides of the fields. And yet again, his vision focused on you and only you. When you connected your eyes with his, Aaron quickly broke the contact. Giving himself a light slap to the side of the face, Aaron focused on the ball in front of him.

                The whistle blew and Aaron's mind suddenly became void of all thoughts that weren't related to scoring a goal. The opposing team surged forward but Arsenal quickly countered. The teams were almost evenly matched although Arsenal maintained a slight advantage in passing. The first twenty minutes passed without incident. Aaron had a shot on goal. It had hit the crossbar but had bounced up and over the goal afterwards.

                Sighing to himself, Aaron waited for the keeper to kick the ball. He glanced at the crowd while he waited, finding you yet again. This time you were already looking at him. Your eyes connected and for a split second, Aaron forgot all about the match around him. The goalie kicked the ball and Aaron broke the connection. Shaking his head, he tried to focus on the match again.

                The first half ended 0-0, although Arsenal had more shots on goal. Aaron sipped from his water bottle as Arsene Wenger entered the locker room. Listening closely to his words, Aaron told himself he wouldn't look for you in the crowd anymore, stay focused on the match. After Arsenal won, then he would search for you again. The players retook the field, Aaron amongst them.

                Standing outside the center circle, Aaron exchanged plans of attack with his teammates. After agreements were reached, the ball was kicked off. Arsenal started stronger than they had in the first half, resulting in the ball remaining in their attacking half for most of the second half. Aaron passed the ball to Mesut who then passed it to Jack. Seeing an opening, Aaron ran down the side of the field into open space. Aaron shouted for a pass.

                The ball was hit towards Aaron. After taking a settling touch, Aaron continued down the side of the field, onsides. Faking out a defender, Aaron had a clear shot on goal. Planting his right foot, Aaron shot the ball towards the goal. Passing right over the keeper, Aaron had scored the first goal of the night. Running to the corner flag, Aaron pat his chest to the Arsenal fans. Amongst those cheering for him was you. Aaron and you reconnected your eyes. You smiled at him and clapped and cheered along with the rest of the Arsenal fans.

                This caused Aaron to smile even wider. The game ended with a 1-0 score. After the final whistle blew, Aaron looked around the stadium for you again. When he couldn't find you, he frowned. He had memorized where you had been sitting but now you were gone. Sighing to himself, Aaron walked back into the tunnel. Changing out of his uniform, Aaron took a quick shower before leaving the locker room.

                Slinging his bag over his shoulder, Aaron exited the now mostly deserted Emirates Stadium. Making his way towards his car, Aaron unlocked his car. Placing the keys in the ignition, Aaron was about to leave when a piece of paper on his windshield caught his eye. Getting out of the car, Aaron plucked the piece of paper off his windshield. He opened it, reading the writing inscribed on it.

I'm the girl from the match that you kept locking eyes with. If you want to meet me in person, I'll be at the London Café on Harrington Street on Friday from 3-5 pm.

-Mystery girl

                Staring down at the note, Aaron weighed his options. He could go see you and see if there actually was a connection between the two of you or if there wasn't. On the other hand, you could just be a crazy fan who wanted an autograph or hair sample from him. Contemplating his choices, Aaron started his car and left the Emirates Stadium.

                Friday rolled around and Aaron made his decision. Pulling his hoodie up over his head, Aaron enter the London Café and 3 o'clock sharp. It was a medium sized shop. No one paid any attention to Aaron as he entered. Scanning the room, Aaron's eyes instantly locked with yours. His feet moved without his knowing and he soon found himself in front of the table you were sitting at.

                "May I sit here?" Aaron asked, motioning to the seat across from you.

                "Sure," you replied, smiling widely at Aaron. Shaking off his hoodie, Aaron looked around the shop once again. Realizing the secluded location in the corner, Aaron was grateful that you had picked this spot. Turning his attention back to you, Aaron stared into your eyes once again.

                "Do you believe in love at first sight?" he asked.

                "I don't know, we can find out though," you winked, sipping your drink. Aaron smiled widely. The rest of the people in the café had no recognition of what happened in the corner. Indeed, love at first sight blooms into a beautiful relationship.