Paul Pogba [~] Dance Partners

For I_DevilX: Paul Pogba

It was Juventus' annual end of the season gala. The team had once again comfortably taken first place and won Serie A, to no one's surprise really. You had been invited to the gala by your long term friend, Paul Pogba. The two of you had known each other for a long time, all the way back to primary school when the two of you would play football with the other kids in the school yard after school. Of course, Paul was much better than you were and were ever going to be, so naturally he was always a captain during team pickings.

He could have chosen any of the bigger and stronger kids to be on his team but you were always his first choice. The two of you were inseparable through high school before Paul had been whisked away, playing for big clubs and scoring big goals. You had stayed home in France, getting a job as an assistant to a major corporation executive in Paris. It had been hard work, but you hoped that you would one day be able to be in your boss' shoes.

Paul's mother had called you up late one evening, inquiring if you had anything going on the weekend of the gala. You told her you didn't and she merely thanked you before hanging up. The next day, you received a plane ticket down to Turin in the mail. Now you were here, in Turin, with Paul, walking into the gala with your arm locked with his own.

You didn't own any expensive looking dresses, so you had to borrow a friends. It was beaded on the top beautifully and was a soft gray. The crystals shone brightly as the lights hit them. You nearly tripped over your dress before moving to take your seat next to Paul at the table. It was much too long for you. Your friend was taller than you, and you refused to walk around in six inch heels all night, leaving your dress long and therefore able for you to trip over.

"You know, you could have just called me and I could have gotten you a dress," Paul chuckled, helping you into your seat.

"I didn't want to trouble you, besides, it's only for one night," you insisted, smoothing out the skirt of the dress. Dinner was served quickly before Allegri stood up to give a speech about the season, congratulating everyone on a great season, and talking about the following year. After he sat down, everyone proceeded to eat. You and Paul talked with the members of your table as you ate as people got up to move to the dance floor.

Paul stood up, holding out his hand for you to take. "Ready to dance?" he asked, a small smile on his face.

"Of course," you winked, taking his hand. He pulled you up and led you to the dance floor. Music you didn't recognize filtered into the room but you still danced like an idiot with Paul for most of the night. You were sweating, beads of the liquid casually flowing down your face when the music stopped.

"We're going to slow it down for a little bit here," the DJ stated, a slow song filtering through the speakers. Everyone began to grab their dates and slow dance. Turning to look up at your date, you blushed when he held out his hand once more.

"I haven't slow danced since high school," you chuckled nervously, putting your hands in the wrong place.

"Just relax, you're overthinking this," he smiled, moving your hands to his shoulders. He wrapped his hands around your waist, pulling you closer to him. You smiled nervously, as the two of you slowly swayed. Stepping on your dress, you, embarrassed, pulled back the fabric. Now flustered, you looked up to meet Paul's eyes. "You're stressing over nothing. Just relax and let the music flow," Paul chided.

Resisting the urge originally, you now carefully placed your head on his chest. The height difference between the two of you was great enough where the top of your head reached his shoulders. Closing your eyes, you smiled as the two of you swayed. You could hear his soft singing as the two of you swayed once more. He rested his chin on top of your head, placing a soft kiss there as the song came to a close. You smiled, opening your eyes, as another upbeat song came over the speakers.

A couple songs later, you once again started to hear a slow song come on through the speakers. Paul and you immediately connected hands, pulling each other in and close before pushing back. You smiled as he twirled you, placing a careful hand on your waist. Intertwining your fingers in one hand, you placed your hand on his waist. You swayed for a bit more, the both of you singing the ballad softly as you stared into each other's eyes.

Paul took your hand that was on your waist, grabbing your own hand on his waist and interlocked your fingers once more. You let him spin you twice more. At the end of the second spin, his arms criss crossed in front of you as he held you to himself, your back against his chest. You smiled, leaning back into him as he uncrossed his arms and continued to hold you against him. You turned around and wrapped your arms around his neck as he wrapped his arms around your waist once more. Looking up, you smiled at Paul.

He returned the smile and leaned in towards you. You felt your eyes close as well when the music suddenly stopped and everyone pulled away from their dance partners. Paul was whisked away by a teammate before they made their way to the stage to talk about the season and next year. You felt your cheeks grow hot at the thought of how close you had gotten to kissing Paul. After everyone had given a short speech, Paul walked back over to you, and led you out of the building. The gala was over and everyone headed out.

"Wait here, I'll go get the valet," Paul stated. You nodded, standing still as people filtered out around you. Paul arrived with the car shortly afterwards, getting out and opening the door for you. You smiled and got into the car. Paul raced around to the driver's side and proceeded to drive you back to his house. You would be staying with him for the night before taking a plane back to France the following morning.

Paul parked the car and the two of you walked up the stairs to the entrance. Kicking off your shoes, you placed your clutch on one of the tables before walking towards the guest room you were staying in. "I'm going to bed, Paul. Thanks for everything tonight," you stated, hugging your friend. He smiled and hugged you back tightly.

"It was no problem, I'd replay it a thousand times if I could," he smiled. You nodded, about to pull away towards your door when you felt a hand on your chin. Looking back up at Paul, your eyes widened as you felt his soft lips on your own. You closed your eyes, kissing back urgently as the clock ticked away on the wall and the stars became more pronounced over the Italian sky.

A.N. Sergi Roberto is next! Eventually!