Rafinha Alcantara [~] Something Wrong, Something Right

For reginaperrusquiap: Rafinha Alcantara

Working at FC Barcelona was every Cule's dream, including Regina. She was an assistant to the coaching staff. Which meant, she made copies of game plans and rosters, sent out paperwork, and took notes for them. It wasn't exactly the job she saw herself pursuing, but it paid the bills and she got a discount on tickets for her family, so it was a win win situation.

Walking out to work, like usual, Rafinha Alcantara ran up beside her. The two of them usually walked into the training area at the same time, since they usually arrived at the same time. The rest of the team always teased the two of them, but both had significant others and were faithful to said significant others. Meaning that there was no romance between Rafinha and Regina . . . yet.

Regina didn't look like her happy self, and Rafinha was the first to notice this. "Hey, you look sad. What's wrong, Regina? Did Geri steal your keys again and hold them above his head until you shouted 'Gerard Pique is the best center back in the world'?" Rafinha asked, genuinely concerned.

"No, Geri didn't do anything," Regina said quietly, continuing to walk slowly down the hallway.

"Well, did Dani—"

"—No one here did anything wrong," Regina stated, walking past Rafinha and towards the bench where she would be getting her work for the day. Rafinha stood at the edge of the pitch, confused by Regina's behavior.

"What's wrong, Raf? Cat got your tongue?" a few of the other guys questioned, coming up from behind Rafinha.

"No, it's just . . . Regina's acting weird, really weird," Rafinha said, mostly to himself.

"It could just be that time of the month, Rafinha, just leave her alone and she'll calm down in five to seven days," Dani instructed Rafinha.

"It's not that, something's wrong with her. She won't look at me in the eye. She hasn't once smiled today. It looks like she hasn't run a brush through her hair in the last week. Her eyes are red and bloodshot," Rafinha listed off things he had noticed wrong with Regina as he and the other guys walked into the locker room to change for training.

"Maybe she went out and got drunk last night and she's hungover," Neymar suggested.

"No, I've seen her hungover, and she is most certainly not hungover right now," Rafinha mumbled to himself, thinking what could be wrong with Regina. The boys finished changing and walked out to the pitch where drills were already being set up. They did their usual jog before stretching and such before moving to drills. Regina was at one of the drills, taking notes that Luis Enrique was saying to her.

When Rafinha reached that drill, Regina avoided eye contact with him. She just focused on her clip board and scribbled onto paper whatever Luis Enrique was telling her to write down. Rafinha moved past the drill, but not before shooting Regina another concerned glance, which she promptly ignored. After the drills were finished, the guys were supposed to scrimmage for a bit.

Regina stood by the half field line, jotting down things that the coaching staff was saying. One of the other assistants had called in sick that day, so Regina was doing double the work since they knew she could handle it, being the most experienced of all the assistants. The scrimmage ended and the players were told that they could go home. Rafinha went back into the locker room, showering and changing out of his training gear.

Regina walked into the copy room and started making copies of all of her notes, scanning them and putting them into a digital folder, before placing the copies in the binder titled today's date and placing the originals on Luis Enrique's desk. Walking out of Luis Enrique's office, Regina started walking out of the building, towards the parking lot.

As she was walking along, the door to the supply closet opened and before she knew it, two arms had shot out and pulled her straight into the closet. She struggled, kicked and scratched until she heard a familiar voice. "Ouch! Geez, Regina! It's me, Rafinha, calm down!"

"Rafinha!? What the hell are you doing kidnapping people!?!?" Regina shouted until Rafinha clamped a hand over her mouth. The door had shut but Rafinha checked to make sure that no one else had seen what had happened. Regina narrowed her eyes at Rafinha until the latter removed his hand from her mouth. "Why did you drag me into the supply closet, Rafinha?"

"You've been acting weird all day, Regina. I was just making sure that you were okay," Rafinha replied.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Next time you want to know how I'm feeling, just ask. You don't have to pull me kicking and screaming into a supply closet to get me to answer the question for you, Rafinha," Regina sighed, walking towards the door. Rafinha stepped in front of her.

"I don't believe you," he stated.

"What?"

"I don't believe that you're fine. You're far from fine, actually, it seems," Rafinha said, looking down at Regina with a concerned look.

"I am fine, Rafinha. I assured you. Cross my heart, pinky swear, I am fine," Regina insisted, but Rafinha would not move from his position. "Can I please leave now?"

"No, not until you tell me what's wrong with you."

"Nothing is wrong with me, Rafinha."

"Yes there is. Your eyes are red and bloodshot, your hair's a mess, you haven't smiled once today, you're slouching, which are all signs that you are, in fact, not okay."

"Okay, fine, Rafinha. You want to know what's wrong with me? The douche bag I called my boyfriend for the past two years dumped me last night. He said that it was time for us to move onto other people, and I found out he was cheating on me for the past eight months. So, yes, Rafinha, I'm not okay. I'm freaking living through hell right now, thank you," Regina stated, tears starting to form in her eyes. Before she could say anything else, Rafinha leaned forward and kissed her. Regina pulled away instantly, "What the hell are you doing?"

"My girlfriend dumped me two days ago," Rafinha explained. "And I realized that all of the feelings that the guys teased me about having for you, they're real," Rafinha stated.

"You're hurt, I'm hurt. Let's not be each other's rebounds," Regina sighed.

"But I like you, Regina. Really really like you. And you'd be a liar if you said you didn't feel the same way," Rafinha replied.

"Oh what the hell," Regina shrugged, jumping into Rafinha's arms and reconnecting their lips.

A.N. Cristiano Ronaldo next!