Isco Alarcon [~] Two Years in the Making

Isco Alarcon

For AriCampos98:

Growing up, you were never one of those girls who woke up an extra two hours early to do their hair and their makeup perfectly. You were never one of those girls who struggled through the day in six inch heels and a designer skirt. You just weren't one of those girls. You preferred sneakers and sweatpants to a fancy skirt and blouse. You never wore makeup, and your hair was almost always pulled back into a pony tail or a quick braid. So when your brother told you that you were going to a party for his football club, you grew nervous.

Your brother was Gareth Bale and he was dragging you along to the party so that he wouldn't be all alone after your sister-in-law got sick and couldn't go. You had frantically called up your best friend, who happened to know how to properly apply makeup and do hair, and told her to come over to your house. "I don't know why Gareth insists that I go, he knows that I don't usually do these kinds of things," you sighed, closing your eyes as your friend applied makeup to your eyelids.

"You'll be fine. You know all of the guys, right? Especially that Isco boy, hmm?" your friend teased. Your cheeks grew slightly red at the mention of Isco. The two of you had met and hung out once or twice together. You really liked him because he respected how you didn't really care about what you wore or what you did with your appearance. You were nervous that if he saw you all dolled up, it would change how he viewed you.

Voicing your fears to your friend, she scoffed and finished your makeup. "Oh please, if he really cares about you, then he wouldn't give two shits about how you looked." Your friend took a step back, admired her work, and smiled. "You're perfect. Hair and makeup are done, now we just need to get you dressed and you'll be ready to go." Allowing your friend to help you into the dress you had borrowed from your sister-in-law, you pulled on small heels and threw on some jewelry before your brother knocked on your apartment's door.

You grabbed your clutch off the counter and went to open the door. Gareth stood waiting in the hallway. He smiled widely before pulling you into a hug. "You look beautiful, (Y/N). Let's go," he said, leading you down to his car. The two of you arrived at the event quickly, hopping out and entering the event within an hour. You and Gareth walked through the large room until suddenly your brother was whisked away, leaving you all alone in the middle of a crowded room.

Wandering about for a bit, you felt a tap on your shoulder. Turning around, you saw Isco's eyes widen as they laid on your face. "Hey," you greeted, tucking a loose strand of hair behind your ear.

"Hey yourself," Isco breathed out. "You're wearing makeup? You?" he asked incredulously. You blushed and nodded. "I never thought I'd see the day," he chuckled before pulling you into a quick hug. You hugged him back before pulling away.

"There's a first time for everything," you said shyly. Isco smiled before extending a hand towards you.

"Will you dance with me, beautiful woman?" he asked, his eyes twinkling. You chuckled and blushed at the same time before placing your hand delicately into his. He grabbed onto your hand and pulled you towards him as a new song started to play through the speakers. Your cheeks were a noticeable pink as you let Isco lead you in the Spanish dance you weren't completely familiar with. You laughed as Isco dipped you before righting you again.

"I must say, you have great dancing skills, Isco," you complimented, a wide smile on your face.

"It's one of my many talents," he winked, lifting you into the air for a few seconds before swinging you back onto the ground gracefully.

"And you're not arrogant at all, so humble," you teased, chuckling as he feigned hurt at your statement. He smiled at you as the two of you stopped moving in the middle of the dance floor. Time seemed to slow down for the two of you as Isco's hands on your waist pulled you closer to him. Your arms tightened around his neck, forcing him to lower his head closer to yours. Holding your breath, you felt Isco's nose brush your own for a split second before his lips lightly brushed your own.

You reciprocated and smiled as he planted his lips firmly on your own. Pulling away, your cheeks were a bright scarlet now, Isco's cheeks matching your own. You breathed heavily as a contagious smile remained on your lips. Isco started to lean in again when your brother and a couple of his and Isco's teammates walked up to the two of you. "So you finally bucked up enough courage to kiss my sister?" Gareth chuckled. Isco nodded, too embarrassed to reply verbally.

"Our little Isco is growing up so fast," Marcelo fake sobbed, clutching onto a laughing Cristiano. "It seems like only yesterday he finally admitted he liked (Y/N)."

"That was almost two years ago," Cristiano rolled his eyes at the Brazilian.

"Don't ruin the moment," Marcelo snapped back, causing everyone to laugh.

"Speaking of ruined moments," Isco coughed, taking your hand in his, "We'll be outside in the courtyard if you guys are wondering."

"Use protection!" Sergio teased, walking past the two of you. Isco and you chuckled as you made your way outside to the courtyard. Walking in front of Isco, your eyes trailed to the blooming tree in the corner. Making your way towards the tree, you reached up and picked off one of the blossoms. Turning around, you smiled at Isco.

He walked forwards, taking the flower from your hand and pinning it into your hair. "There, even more beautiful than before," Isco smiled, pressing a kiss to your cheek.

"Isco . . . did you really like me for two years?" you questioned, grabbing his hand lightly. Isco chuckled nervously.

"I may have, I was just too nervous that you'd reject me to ever do anything. Then I saw you standing there tonight and I just couldn't hide my feelings anymore. I had to tell you how I felt," Isco confessed.

"Well, I'm glad you did," you smiled, grabbing his hands in your own. "Because then I wouldn't do this." Pressing your lips onto Isco's, you smiled as Isco kissed you back. He wrapped his arms around your waist as you wrapped your arms around his neck. You yelped in shock as Isco suddenly dipped you. Playfully hitting him, you quickly reconnected your lips with only the full moon as the witness to your exchange of love.

A.N. Mesut Özil next! Next update won't be until Thursday!