Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain [~] Surprise Meetings

For ClaireJHAOC:

You had decided to go out with your friends for a night of partying to celebrate your friend's twenty first birthday. Pulling on a slightly revealing dress, not quite comfortable in the tight fit, short skirt dresses the rest of the girls were presumably wearing, you walked out of your apartment and downstairs to your friend's car. You hopped in the backseat as your friend started up the car again. "Took you long enough. Now it's time to party!" she shouted, the other girls in the car cheering in response.

You smiled and stared out at the familiar London night as your friend drove to the club. You hopped out with the other girls as your friend straightened her outfit. "Alright ladies. Time to have fun." You stumbled a bit, walking in heals your friend had forced you to wear to the club. You guys were ushered inside and the sound of music and smell of alcohol immediately offended your senses.

You enjoyed music and had a drink every now and then but the music playing was some odd song you had never heard before and you didn't like the mischievous look on your friend's face. Your group went and got some drinks before leaning on the bar. "What are we doing? I thought you guys wanted to dance the night away?" you asked one of your other friends who was standing next to you.

 "We're scoping out the guys as Lily calls it," your friend replied, sipping her alcohol slowly as her gaze travelled the expanse of the room. The room was packed with sweaty bodies and couples were making out in the corners. You didn't know how you were supposed to 'scope out a guy' if they were all already grinding on another girl or staring at you like a piece of meat. You didn't like the looks they gave you, and as your friends one by one were escorted away by some guy, you were soon left alone by the bar.

 "Excuse me," a voice said from your left. You turned to lock eyes with a guy. He looked about your age and was about the same height as you with your heels on. He looked nervous and uncomfortable. You looked behind him to see a few other guys, who looked to be his friends, laughing in the corner. You turned to look back at the guy. "

Yes?" you questioned.

"I couldn't help seeing you were all alone," he stuttered out, a crooked smile gracing his lips. He looked nervous still and not the least bit confident. "And I was wondering if you wanted to dance?" As he finished his sentence, a taller guy came up behind him, wrapping an arm around the original guy's broad shoulders.

 "I'm sorry miss. Was my friend here causing any problems?"

"No, not at all," you smiled at the shy guy, who blushed under your gaze.

"I'm Carl Jenkinson, but you can call me Jenko. My friend here, Alex, is a little stiff in these situations," he explained as Alex nudged him away.

"I had it under control," Alex sassed.

"Oh really," Carl asked, not looking like he was believing what Alex was telling him. "And what's the pretty girl's name then, hmmm Chambo?" Alex opened his mouth before closing it and sighing in defeat.

 "My name's (Y/N), and I'm assuming your Alex," you smiled, extending your hand. Alex shook it, sparing you a small smile. "Well, my friends all ditched me and Alex here offered me to dance," you told Carl. "And I was going to accept his invitation," you stated, putting the drink you had finished on the bar.

"Really?" Alex smiled, seemingly in shock.

"Really!" Carl gasped at the same time, mouth agape at the fact that his friend had gotten a date by successfully talking to a woman.

"Yeah. Unless, there's a problem," you batted your lashes at Alex and Carl.

"No, no problem at all. See you later, Jenko," Alex called over his shoulder as he took your outstretched hand and led you over to the dance floor. You two stepped onto the edge of the dance floor, both looking back at Alex's friends. Carl was still standing there, looking confused as hell, as the other guys at the table behind him also looked on in shock. You laughed.

"I didn't mean to shock your friends. Sorry that I paralyzed them," you joked, indicating with a nod over to Alex's friends.

"They deserved it, trust me," Alex laughed. "They thought I wouldn't get a girl to dance with me tonight. You just made me very rich. I mean, I didn't just ask you to dance because of a bet. You're really pretty and I saw you all alone and I just had to ask you out before any other bloke did and I'll shut up now," Alex rambled on, seeming embarrassed at his inability to keep his mouth shut.

"It's okay. You wouldn't have been the first. Most guys just ask me out then go for one of my friends," you smiled sadly.

"Well I think they're idiots. You're ten times more beautiful than any other girl here."

"You're just saying that," you blushed.

"No, I'm being serious. It's a wonder you don't have a boyfriend," Alex said the last part to himself.

"Well, instead of worrying about our friends, let's have some fun because I love this song and I had alcohol," you invited, pulling Alex further into the mass of people. You could spot some of your friends looking at you and Alex questioningly as the two of you danced together. After close to an hour dancing, your feet killed and Alex noticed your discomfort.

"Do you want to get out of here?" Alex asked, having to shout into your ear to be heard.

"Is that a sexual innuendo?" you joked.

"It wasn't supposed to be. It can be if you want," Alex wiggled his eyebrows. The two of you walked out of the club, to the further surprise of both your groups of friends. Alex led you to the park about a block from the club. You two sat at a park bench and you pulled off your heels, rubbing your aching feet.

 "I hate high heels."

"Good because I think short girls are cuter," Alex said. Noticing your reaction, Alex sheepishly questioned, "Did I say that out loud?"

"Yeah. Good because I think guys that ramble on are cuter," you teased back.

 "Now that's banter," Alex smirked.

"You're looking at the queen of banter," you stated, facing Alex.

"Well I'm the king. So, would it be so forward if the king asked the queen out on a date and a stroll through the park?"

 "Not at all," you smiled genuinely, grabbing Alex's hand and pulling him towards the pond.