Episode 3 <The Start>

A/N : Before reading this chapter, please take note that towards the end of the chapter, there will be violence, abuse between family members, if this is a trigger of yours or if you don't want to read it, please leave at that part (I will give a short warning right before it so you don't have to miss the whole chapter :))

...

 Seonghwa followed his new boss around many places, occasionally speaking to share what was next on the taller man's schedule. 

 After a meeting he sat in with the boss, once they were about to leave, he empty room Seonghwa was caught off guard by the man's unexpected comment"

"You didn't say anything about singing in our interview yesterday"

 The boy immediately turned around to make eye contact with the man who was now standing right in front of him, only a few inches apart. 

"You're a good singer"

 Before the blonde boy could react, the man was already walking away, exiting the room, leaving Seonghwa to follow him out a bit later. 

 Nothing seemed odd to Seonghwa yet, maybe it was because he didn't really pay attention to anything in the meetings or other things, as he didn't feel he needed to pay attention to everything especially since he wasn't told he needed too...the boy learned how to mid his business through his abusive father. Well, that was until a man walked into the room calling Mr. Yun Hyung. 

 As the brown-haired boy said the words "Hyung" whilst smiling Seonghwa quickly realized it must be a family matter, as well as needing to use the restroom anyways, so he got up to leave but Mr. Yun directed his attention to him. 

"Sit, where are you going?"

 Seonghwa turned to look at him to make sure he was talking to him. 

 The two men made eye contact, with the brown-haired boy finally noticing the other boy in the room. 

"Ah...you don't need to leave, I'm his younger brother Jongho, it's nice to meet you"

 Seonghwa smiled before nodding then responding. 

"I'm just going to the restroom..."

 The boy felt embarrassed that he had to say that out loud, so he bowed his head and then left the room quickly.

 Seonghwa washed his hands before hearing something in the stall, a moan. He furrowed his eyebrows before turning to see a set of two feet in one of the stalls, the people inside the stall went quiet, so he just exited the restroom, completely forgetting to dry hi hands but, he'd rather have wet hands then be in there any longer and intrude on those two.

 He went back to the office after waving his hands in the air for a while to try and dry them off without ruining his suit. 

 At the end of the day, Seonghwa and Mr. Yun started leaving, while in the elevator, in the midst of the silence Nr. Yun spoke. 

"Do you need a ride?"

"I will take a cab"

"Do you have a driver's license?"

"No, I can't afford a car, why would I get a driver's license?"

"Do you have money problems?"

"I mean, I'm not wealthy...I guess maybe i am poor..."

The boy looked down at the ground, a bit upset at those words coming out of his own mouth. 

"Don't reject a free ride from me then, I don't ask twice"

 Seonghwa wasn't the type to ask for help from others or accept it...as he was raised to do everything for himself, and not to rely on anyone. It was a normal reaction from him. 

"I can afford a cab, thank you for the offer though..."

 The rest of the elevator ride was silent, and they two men eventually parted ways. I mean, in Seonghwa's eyes it was for the best, the fact that his boss didn't have o witness his crappy living situation and his father, it would make him feel worse.

...(From here there will be writing and words of domestic abuse, this is your waring)

 Seonghwa didn't hear from his father as he was probably in a drunken sleep at this late as it was 10pm already. 

 The boy cleaned around the house and made some food for himself and for whenever his father woke up / chose to eat. 

 While plating the food to get it ready to go into the fridge, he heard his father's bedroom door open, the boy froze, slightly hoping not to be noticed as he was still nicely dressed and tired from is fist day of work. 

 Soon his father stood behind him, leaning over him to look at what he made. His father reeked of alcohol, so strong it pierced his nose, but he pretended to not notice anything and stayed still, to not do something to bother or annoy his father. 

"What are you doing standing here like that? eat and put it away"

 The boy gulped before taking one of the plates and a pair of chopsticks before taking it to the table to sit down. 

 As he tried to eat, he could feel his father's stare, it made him nervous, his hand shaking slightly as he lifted up his chopsticks that held food.

"You got a job? why do you need to wear a suit like that for a job? do you plan on keeping it?"

Seonghwa didn't know how to respond so he just sat still, not moving. 

"answer me"

 Seonghwa cleared his throat and took in a deep breath before responding. 

"It's a high paying job, it will be good for us..."

"do you still sing at that bar? Did it turn into a full time job?"

Seonghwa looked up at his father, surprised, he didn't know his father was aware of his occasional singing at the bar.

"It's som-"

"Do you plan to be a whore like your mother? is that what my disciplining taught you? I didn't have a son to have him grow up to be a whore"

"I work at a-"

"don't fucking talk back to me boy! I'm not going to listen to your bullshit, after all I've done for you, you dare to talk back to me and disrespect me to my face by working in such a trashy place, and a singer? where do you think that will get you? do you plan on being a k-pop idol looking like that or something?"

 Seonghwa's father approached him and pushed his food off the table, causing the freshly cleaned dishes to shatter on the floor. His father didn't even try hearing him out, it was a common thing, he usually got too mad to care for what anyone else had to say.

 His father took the chopsticks out of the boys hand and through them at his head, which he dodged, infuriating his father just a bit more. His father grabbed his collar and forced him to make eye contact with him before slapping him and then pulling him out of the chair to throw him into the floor. 

"Clean this shit up"

  His father walked away, going back into his room, slamming the door behind him. 

 The boy sobbed softly for a few minutes before cleaning up the mess that was left on the floor by his father. 

A/N : I hope you liked this build up and the chapter overall, also I didn't add too much violence as to not trigger anyone who stuck through it, i just wanted to give a rough understanding of what Seonghwa experiences as he is the main character, anyways, please vote and follow me as it helps out a lot, I will see you for the next chapter, thank you :>