Chapter Four

"Just tell me where my car is." I tried to get the information out of him with my hands balled into fists.

"Alright, alright. Your car is safe. I told one of my guys to pick it up from the restaurant. They don't let the cars stay there overnight, you know," he finally answered.

Was he kidding me?

"Look, I don't know where you find the audacity to let your guy take my car but it's really not being helpful right now. Just tell me the address and I'll get my car from your guy." The patience in me was slowly fading away.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I can't let you go in the hood on your own. Either I'll pick you up or I'll bring the car to you myself." This guy was really testing my patience. Did he really say "the hood"? What did I get myself into?

"No. Either you'll tell me where my car is, or I'll report my car as stolen. Your choice." I was really proud at myself for not letting him be the one in control.

He let out a loud sigh and finally said "fine" in a stereotypical British accent.

I got back into the cab that was already waiting for me and gave the driver the address. He raised his brows when he saw where we were going.

"Are your sure this is the address?" He asked me.

"Yes," I replied.

But I wasn't sure. What if this was a trick and the guy -apparently Central Cee- had planned to murder or rape me?

I pushed the negative thoughts away and focused on the beautiful view that I could see through the window on our way. I rest my head on the car door and listened to some music through my AirPods.

After circa twenty minutes, we arrived in the weird street my car was in. When I got out of the cab, people started to look at me up and down. A very intimidating group of guys started to whisper something to each other.

I ignored all the looks and walked down the street to find my car. But I was unsuccessful. The negative thoughts started to come back as the previous group of guys started following me. I grabbed my purse tightly and took a turn to another street. My speed increased, together with my heart beat. This was it, I thought.

As looked over my shoulder to check if they got closer, I bumped into someone. I almost fell but he managed to grab me by my waist and help me steady myself. I panicked for a second but then I inhaled his scent. I looked into his dark brown eyes and small pieces of that night flushed into my mind. This was him. This was the guy who brought me back to the hotel and who also had my car.

The group started to back off when they saw him. This made me, of course, gain some confidence. What could possibly happen?

"Why the hell are you following me? I'm not even white," I shouted as I slightly lifted both of my arms to gesture my confusion.

They couldn't say anything, but that was probably because of the guy standing right behind me.

I turned around aggressively as I heard a soft chuckle behind me. This bitch.

"What the hell are you laughing at? I almost got robbed!" I shouted.

"How did you assume that they were going to rob you?" he asked me in a judging tone.

I took a few steps away from him and scanned him for a second. He crossed his arms over his chest and soon I realised that he was observing me, too.

"They started following me as soon as I stepped out that cab and- hold on. Are you trying to say that I'm racist?" I answered. Probably not the best answer.