Chapter Eleven

The loud music and the smell of alcohol and weed slapped me as we entered the big club. Marcelo was holding my hand tightly, leading both of us through the big crowd. It was hard to breathe and even harder to see in here.

He placed his hand on my lower back as we reached the staircase leading us to the VIP area of the club. The smell of weed got stronger with every step I took into the big, black room.

A couple of men were playing poker, young women sitting on their laps. They greeted Marcelo as he approached them but looked me up and down, probably thinking that I was his personal whore or something.

It was dark up here, so it was hard to see where Marcelo was leading us. But eventually I could recognise some black leather seats through the dark red lights.

"I have a surprise for you, amore," he said as we sat down. I could feel the cold leather stick to my bare thighs.

"I don't like surprises. Tell me what it is and I won't be grumpy all night," I said. It was true, I hated surprises. Especially when they would get announced before and make me wait for something stupid the whole night.

"Stop being such a brat," he sighed, not even looking at me. Instead, he kept his gaze on a tall man approaching us. After squinting my eyes for a couple of seconds, a comforting smile welcomed me.

"Ciao, brother," Alejandro said as he spread out his arms to hug his brother. "I hope you didn't tell her about the little surprise I planned for her." Excitement started to rush through my veins as I realised that the fact that Alejandro had planned this could have something to do with Casey since I had told him to find her.

"Can someone please enlighten me?" I asked in a confused tone, raising an eyebrow. But before they could answer, the crowd downstairs started to cheer and scream, waking my curiosity to look down at the stage.

I ran towards the balcony that had a perfect view of the stage, but it was too foggy for me to see what was going on. So I went back to the two brothers already waiting for me.

"You have to be a little patient, amore," Marcelo said as he wrapped his arm around my hip. He looked down at me, clearly noticing that I was annoyed by his touch.

"Yeah," I mumbled. The smell of vodka gave me a headache and Marcelo's constant touches made it even harder to breathe. We sat back on our seats, Alejandro ordering us some drinks.

"What is this?" I said as the waitress handed me a green-ish drink that smelled like a sweeter version of vodka.

Marcelo shared a suspicious look with Alejandro, both of them devilishly smirking.

"Try and see," Marcelo finally answered. The very thing I wasn't going to do - drinking this. Although I trusted Alejandro, I could never be safe enough around Marcelo. But part of me wanted to drink this, even if it was heavy or drugged, dreaming about how I had met Cench when I was terribly drunk. Maybe he would come and save me again.

"Alright then," I mumbled, smelling the drink before flushing the entire thing down my throat. I squinted my eyes as the drink started to burn my throat, but after the pain was gone, I felt a pleasing numbness in my head. It was the feeling that I just needed.

"Slow down or you'll miss our little surprise," Alejandro warned. I didn't give a shit about their surprise, the only thing I wanted was more of this drink.

"I'll just get another one," I said, getting up from my sticky seat and moving towards the bar. I wasn't terribly drunk yet, but the drink started to make it hard for me to keep my balance.

As I was about to finally reach the bar, my head felt dizzy enough to make me lose my balance. Almost hitting the ground with my back, I felt a warm, familiar touch in my waist steadying me again.