Chapter Fourteen

C E N C H

"What do you mean they did not arrive?" I slammed my hands on the office table, making Alex jump.

When I had moved to Beverly Hills to still keep an eye on Selina, I had hired Alex to be in Selina's close friend group, since I couldn't do that myself. But as the time had passed, he also had become my best friend here.

"I made everything I could to make the flowers reach her. But... Casey got in the way," he exhaled. Damn you, Casey.

So Selina hadn't received my birthday gift for her. Because of Casey. I had sent her 22 bouquets of white roses, those were her favourites.

"What are you going to do now?" Alex asked me as I furiously left the office of my flat and headed for the main door. I was mad at Casey— more than anyone could imagine— and those roses were definitely going to get to Selina.

"Giving those roses to Selina myself." I didn't even know what I was going to say to her after all this time of being apart. I had given up hope of coming back together a long time ago, but I still wanted her to know that I was still there. The reason why I was still so attached to her was unknown.

I pushed the door open to leave the flat, but right as I was about to step outside, a small hand found itself on my upper arm. As I looked down to see who it was, a familiar pair of green eyes met mine. Before they could captivate me, I snapped back to reality, only to realize that those eyes didn't belong to Selina. The girl standing in front of me had her eyes, but her skin was darker, her hair shorter and her nose flatter but wider. Plus she looked way younger than Selina, 18 or 19 I assumed.

"Hello?" She snapped her fingers right before my face, waking me from the little trance I had. "Is this uh..." she looked on a snippet of paper before she continued talking. "Oakley?"

I hated to hear my government name coming from someone's mouth that wasn't of someone close to me. And not even they called me Oakley. What a weird fucking name my parents had chosen.

"Yes? Who the hell are you?" I had no time to put on a fake politeness. Not when I was just minutes away from finally seeing Selina.

Without me inviting her in, the girl stepped inside, looked around the flat and finally leaned against the wall that was separating the foyer from the living room.

"My name isn't slightly as interesting as what I am about to say," she mischievously said, grabbing something out of her purse. Another thing I hated— acting mysterious.

"I suggest you stop wasting my time and get to the point," I hissed, ignoring her failed attempt to intimidate me.

"Fine," she clicked her tongue. "I know that you and Selina had something going on. And I have proof of it." She moved closer to me, shoving pictures of me and Selina into my chest. Pictures where we kissed and made out. I frowned, trying to figure out how the fuck these pictures could be used against me or Selina. Before I could react or ask further questions, she continued.

"The paparazzi didn't know of Selina's stay in London, since she kept it a secret from everyone. But as soon as I found out, it took me only a few calls to get these pictures. The point is," she took a few steps closer, making me smell her heavy Dior perfume. "If you don't take Selina back to the UK, far, far away from us, I'll publish these."