Chapter Six

C E N C H

"Please... don't touch me... I'm begging you." I heard muffled groans coming from Selina's room. Thinking she must had been having a nightmare, I took a glass of water and ran upstairs to check on her.

Opening the door, I saw her tossing her sweaty head around. Her eyes were closed, but she was still scowling and groaning in pain.

I quickly ran up to her, carefully waking her up and leaning her back against the headboard.

"It's alright, it was just a nightmare," I comforted her as she let herself fall into my arms.

"It was him again and it felt so real." She let out a heavy breath on my neck.

I patted her head a few times before leaning her back on the headboard and giving her the glass of water. I patiently watched her empty the glass before tucking the hair on her face behind her ears.

"Are you alright now?" Deep down I knew that it was just a nightmare, but her eyes were still filled with fear, telling me that she was not so very alright.

"Yeah," she mumbled, placing the glass on the nightstand next to the bed.

Her nightmares had been reoccurring for the past two nights, this one was the third. They were always showing her the same horrifying images about that guy who had threatened her. But this time it must had been something even worse, since she screamed and gasped like she never did. And for some reason it hurt me seeing her like this.

"Are you sure?" I asked, leaning closer to her.

"No," she answered, looking down at her hands that were folded on her lap. "Could you uh..."

She took a deep breath before she finished her sentence.

"Could you stay here with me tonight?" She removed the blanket that was covering the whole bed, gesturing me to lay down next to her.

Her question caught me off guard. I was surprised that she was this scared by just a nightmare. I never saw her weak and vulnerable like this. But the urge to protect her grew with every passing day and I didn't even know why.

"Of course," I said as I softly smiled.

I did as she wanted and crawled into the bed next to her. We laid there for a second, not saying a word, just looking into each other's eyes. Her big, green eyes could drive one crazy.

"Sleep well," I softly whispered as I moved my hand through her long brown curls.

She closed her eyes and immediately fell asleep. I looked at sleeping beauty until I fell asleep myself.

Trying to wake up, I felt Selina's hand over my chest. Her leg was wrapped around my exposed abs, disabling me from getting up. I didn't want to wake her up, so I carefully removed myself from her and left the bed.

I went downstairs to the kitchen to prepare some breakfast for her. Grabbing some ingredients and other fruits, I started to prepare some pancakes.

As soon as I poured small amounts of the dough on the pan, I heard footsteps coming from the stairs.

"Are you making pancakes?" Selina ran down the stairs, her nose in the air smelling the pancakes.