Chapter twenty

"You see that hottie over there?" Casey practically yelled into my ear, pointing at the tall man on the other side of the bar. The music in the club was loud, but I could still hear some of the things she was saying.

"Yeah," I yelled back, even though the man we were looking at was not hot at all.

"He's been checking you out," she said. I rolled my eyes disapprovingly, but when I turned around I was met with the sight of two blue eyes staring at me. Intensely.Squinting my eyes, I finally recognised him. He was  Jason Wilde, the CEO of a famous luxury brand that basically ruled the entire fashion industry.

"Ew," I mumbled, turning back to my smirking friend. Her blonde hair was appearing colourful in the flickering lights of the club as she bobbed her head to the music.

"Come on,"she said, drowning another shot. She pulled me away from the bar, right into the dancing crowd. In this place, we didn't have to worry about paparazzi. Only certain people were granted membership, so we were probably not that interesting.

We danced to the music, our drunk minds completely lost in the sensation of the moment. So lost, we didn't even notice a man approaching us until he dared to touch Casey.

"Eww," I audibly groaned when I saw that it was Jason Wilde again. As Casey tried to get away from his touch, she lost her balance and fell right into his arms. His arms were wrapped around her waist, but she quickly tried to get away from him.

"Fuck off," I said, trying to push him off of her. It was of no use. He grabbed my arm, pulling the three of us into an empty corner of the club. Casey was too drunk to fight back and so was I.

"Let's have some real fun, ladies," Jason murmured, the scent of vodka escaping his mouth.

"No," I protested, too weak to even stand on my own. But when his hand lowered to my ass, all the atoms in my body stopped. Panic flooded my body. I had been in this situation before. Marcelo. Memories of him abused my mind.

"No," I gasped again. Casey's limp body was hanging over his shoulder now. She was completely gone. In that moment I gave up all hope. This was it. I wouldn't be able to recover after this.

Just then, I heard a punch land straight in Jason's square jaw. Then another. And another, until he was completely on the floor. Someone was shouting but I was too fixated to get away to even realise who was beating him up.

My head felt like tons of concrete as I tried to get up and open my eyes. When had I gotten into bed? The last thing I remembered was the guy in the club and then someone beat him up, but after that everything was just a blur in my mind.

Just as I managed to sit up straight and look around the room, Cench's room, I heard a knocking on the door.

"Yeah?" I said, my voice coming out raspier than ever. How much had I drunken ?

"It's me," my favourite male voice spoke and my heart instantly warmed. Cench entered the room with a tray in his hand, making me smile despite the monstrous headache I had.

"Good morning baby," he said, placing a kiss on top of my head and sitting down beside me. His words found their way into my stomach, releasing thousands of butterflies. I rested my head against his bare chest, not being able to look him in the eyes.

"Good morning," I managed to mumble. "No confrontation for last night?"

To my surprise, he chuckled at my question. I felt the vibration of his chest against my temple, snuggling closer to him so I could capture that feeling and never let go of it. Unfortunately, he stopped laughing at some point.