Chapter Twelve

C E N C H

"Put your gun down Martina," Alejandro screamed as he entered the chaos scene. It had been him who shot the two bullets, both of them aiming at the air.

I sighed in relief when I saw Alejandro pointing his gun at Martina, no one being shot. She dug her gun deeper into Selina's skin, making her quietly hiss.

"You can finally love me without thinking about her," she said, her voice cracking. A tear rolled down her face, but she kept her smile, tilting her head. "She's the only reason you don't love me the way I deserve to be loved."

I was trying to find ways to save Selina from her as Martina made it obvious how real and deep her hate was. She had the power to do anything to her, but I was still here, still with Selina. I remembered the promise I had made Selina, that no one could ever hurt her if I was around.

"Don't make me do this, Martina," Alejandro said, moving his hand through his messy hair.

"Put your gun down, Ale," Selina said, looking at me. My jaw was clenched and my hands balled into fists. Never had I ever been furious like this. Usually, I had been the dangerous guy, but now I was as defenseless as  Selina was. And it was driving me insane. "We can talk our way out of this."

Alejandro didn't seem to listen to her as he kept staring at Martina. Seeing the way they looked at each other in pain, I tried to understand how Selina had hurt them.

"I'm not going to lower my gun as long as Martina has the power to kill you in an instant," he then said. It was bothering me that he cared so much about my Selina.

"You care so much about little Selina, don't you?" Martina laughed. Her laugh was creepy and loud, but she didn't move a single muscle in her arms and legs. "But let's see if she cares about you too."

Her gun moved from Selina's head, now pointing at Alejandro himself. I didn't like what she was up to, just seeing the madness in her eyes.

"Do you care about Alejandro so much that you would chose his life over your little boyfriend's?" She said, shifting her psychotic gaze to me. With her, Selina also shared a look with me. Her eyes were wide open as she tilted her head, like she was apologising.

"He's not my boyfriend," Selina finally said. I knew that I wasn't, but hearing it Selina say in such a cold, heartless tone felt like a death sentence to me. And it actually was, because she had just made clear that I didn't matter to her to spare Alejandro's life. She had made her decision.

Martina pointed her gun at me and I peaked over at Alejandro who was carefully watching ever movement Selina was making, almost like he had something going on on his mind.

While Martina was all focused on me, thinking about her next move, Selina forced her elbow into Martina's stomach and snatched the gun out of her hand, pointing it directly at it's previous holder.

"Rule number one," she said, dropping Martina on her knees. "Never move your gun away from the hostage you're holding. Big, big mistake. I thought you knew better."

"And," she continued in that sassy tone that I couldn't get out of my head since the first day we had met. "I won't have to decide between Alejandro and my boyfriend." She shot me a look before I could even realize what she had just said. But judging by her look, I knew that it was time for me to act, too.

I took the confusion of the bodyguards holding us as an opportunity and found a way to get the gun off his hands. I looked over at Alejandro, who also was ready to react. It didn't take me two seconds to snatch the gun off the bodyguard's hand and shoot a bullet right between his eyes with no mercy. At the same time, Alejandro had shot the man holding Casey.