Salamander Assault, Part 2

"Leafa?! How long til first contact?!" I asked.

"5 or 10 minutes!" She replies.

"Then we aren't going fast enough...!" I say, and pick up speed.

"H-Hey wait up!" Leafa shouts as she tried to keep up with me, but couldn't.

Looking below me, I could see the Salamanders making their way over to the plateau of the meeting. I was a little behind, but managed to land in time before they could receive the order to attack. This caused some alarm among all sides, as well as confusion on the side of the Salamanders.

"Salamanders!! Stand down!!" I demand loudly.

"Another Cait Sith...?" Murmurs were spreading as I stand between the two sides.

"Sakuya...!" Leafa calls and lands behind me.

"Leafa? What are you doing here?" Another woman with massive bazongas asked with surprise as well.

"It's a long story..." Leafa says. "But you see that player? What they do will decide the fate of our races."

"...you've got to be kidding me..." Sakuya says nervously.

"Lemme talk to your leader!!" I call out as a tall man in armor floats forward.

"Who the hell are you supposed to be?" The man glared at me.

Third Person View

"I'm a Cait Sith mercenary hired to keep any interruptions of this alliance away. And naturally, that includes you." Sheik announces proudly.

The group on the plateau look at Alyssa, who seemed just as confused as everyone else, then to Leafa, who just freaked out and denied any association to this claim.

"That sounds way too convenient to be true, but you know what? I don't give a damn about who you are or why you're here anyway. I'm going to kill you regardless." He says. "But I will say, you got guts challenging me with the crappy gear you got on."

With that, Sheik throws off his cloak, showing off his minimal clothing and array of daggers on on his belt. "The gear doesn't make the player. I thought a veteran like you would've known that." The smaller player grins.

The man glared harder, as if that would intimidate Sheik.

"You got a lot of nerve to provoke me like this. If you can survive my attacks for 30 seconds, then maybe I'll believe you are who you say are." The general says and draws his sword.

Sheik draws one of his many daggers, and takes up an aggressive posture, aiming to get the first move and end this quickly. However, the general in red twists his sword hand slightly, sending a glare of sunlight into Sheik's eyes, and granting him the first movement. The large man goes in for a powerful swing, as Sheik moves his dagger up quickly to block the strike. But as he did, the dark red sword phased right through the weapon in its way and sent the small Trap into a cliffside.

"Ow... Okay, that one hurt..." He groans, and gets his footing back, flying straight into the enemy once more. But his attempt is blocked. "Wow, so you can block my attacks, but I can't block yours? How's that fair?!" He complains.

"Heh. Like I said, your gear is crappy compared to mine. So why don't you stop complaining and die already?!" He shouts, pushing Sheik back a few meters.

"Hm... Hey big guy, I think your 30 seconds are up by now." Sheik comments.

"I changed my mind. You've annoyed me so much that I'm just gonna kill you anyway." The man said.

"Wow how honorable of you. I don't know what I was expecting from a Salamander though." Sheik laughs. "Fine then, guess I'll get serious. Try not finish too quickly."