Fairy King Oberan (Torture Warning)

As soon as the light subsided, I could see that we were in some kind of white hallway. I had also noticed that Yui had returned to her big girl form, and is no longer a navigation pixie. "What the hell...? I thought there was supposed to be a city up here?" I asked.

"This place... I can feel it. Sinon is nearby!" Yui tells me.

"Seriously?! Well then, forget the city. Let get moving!" I say, and help Yui to her feet so she can lead me to where Sinon is being held. After running around for a bit, Yui and I come across a large door, but with Yui's hacking powers, she completely dismantles it, as we now run along one of the many large branches of the tree. Up ahead was a bird cage. And a bird cage can only mean thing. "SINON!!" I call to her, as she turns her head to look our way. We stop at the cage's gate, and Yui breaks it down again, as I rush in and hug her. The dress she was wearing was pure white. Definitely not her style or color, but I'm guessing she wasn't exactly given a choice.

"Sheik...!" Sinon looked at me, surprised, but delighted all the same. "Sugou told me you met in real life... I didn't think you would come for me..." She whispers.

"Of course I did, dummy...! You're dear to me...!" I say and move away. "Let's get to an admin console and get you out of here before—"

As I was talking, something hit me. Not like, hit me hit me, but something felt off. I quickly turn around and see as Yui disappears from the cage. "Yui?!" I scream, but all of a sudden, it felt like a ton brick landed on my body. "Increased gravity...?!" I groan and try to stand, but couldn't. I wasn't a strength player. I was an AGI player. So I ended up falling to the floor as it suddenly started changing to some kind of void. Sinon was hit by the effects as well, as slow clapping could be heard approaching.

"You know, of all the players that could POSSIBLY make their way up here, I didn't think it would be you." A familiar voice rings through the void.

"You've gotta be kidding me...!" I groan, and struggle to even get on my hands. "HABERKORN!!" I shout.

"Who?" He looks at me.

"Oh. Sorry. Thought you were someone else." I say.

"Well, regardless, I can't believe you actually went through the trouble of getting up here. What exactly were you planning on doing? After all, you're no Kirito! Ahaha!" He laughs at me. "Hm. Did you come here unarmed? Foolish. System Command! Generate object! ID: Elucidator...!" He grins and summons Kirito's old sword.

"You sick bastard...!!" I growl and continue trying to stand, but couldn't.

"That's Oberon the Fairy King to you, RAT!!" Sugou, or should I say Oberon, kicks me in the side, and stabs the Elucidator into my back, running me through. "System Command! Set Pain Scale from 10 to 8!"

As he does this, I could suddenly feel the weight of the sword penetrate my back, making me scream in pain. Of course, I knew it wasn't real pain, but damn did it hurt!

"HAHAHAHA!! That's what I wanted to hear! To hear you scream and beg me for your life like the rat you are! Oh, and by the way, once the pain scale gets set to 3 or below, it'll start affecting your real body as well. I'll make sure to lower it if I remember. Hahaha!" He laughs at me again. "Oh! I know. You came all the way here to save your friend, didn't you? How would you like a front row seat to witnessing my new research at work!"

"Research...?! What are you talking about?!" I growl.

"You haven't heard? As expected. My research into tampering with the brain. With a human soul!!" He exclaim loudly.

"You what...?!"

"That's right. And I know just the right test subject. Asada Shino...~!" He purrs as a pair of long chains drop from above. Oberon starts to set up the chains to hold Sinon's wrists. Once they were on, they elevated Sinon's body against the powerful gravity until only her toes were touching the ground.