Kirito Tries to Help

By now, I was an Aincrad known assassin. Kirito continues to message me, asking if I'm okay, or why I'm still killing people. I never replied, and I always ran whenever he tried to track me.

You might argue that he was trying to help me. To not make me into a murderer. But thought differently. I saw him as an obstacle. An obstacle that needed to be avoided.

But as of now, there are no targets for me to eliminate. So for now, I had free time.

"There you are." I heard his voice behind me.

I turn around, and see Kirito, in a new black outfit. "What, are you stalking me now?" I ask him.

He walks over, and sits next to me. "Why do you keep killing people, Sheik? Do you know that you've ended over one hundred lives, and the family of the people you killed are mourning their lost family member." He says.

"They aren't dead. This is just a game, Kirito." I say innocently.

"No, Sheik. It's not. This is life and death." He argues.

"Do you have proof of this? Proof that I really am killing people?" I ask him.

"No, I don't. But I do have one thing. All the people you killed, and that have died to this game, haven't come back. Don't you think that means something?" He says.

"Maybe they learned their lesson. Maybe they're scared of me. As they should be." I say, twirling my dagger in my fingers.

"There's no getting through to you, is there?" Kirito says.

"Not until I see proof of what I'm doing is wrong." I tell him.

"I thought so... Sheik. Listen to me. I want you to get help." He says.

"What?"

"Get help. You're not thinking straight." He says.

"I'm perfectly sane."

"That's what they all say. I want to help you."

"Kirito, I don't need help."

"Yes you do. And I'm willing to help you. Just listen to what I have to say." He says, and holds my shoulders.

I nod silently.

"We're going to go to the dungeon, beat some monsters, earn some levels, and then we'll stop by an inn. And no killing people in the meantime." He says.

"But...but...do you know how many players could be being exploited and used?!" I asked him.

"I understand. But please, this needs to stop." He says, and stands up, lifting me with him. "The labyrinth is nearby. Let's go there." He says, and drags me along.

As we kill monsters in the dungeon, we happen upon a door that just so happened to be the boss room. But we didn't enter, and backtracked to get back to level grinding.

Eventually stop to take a break, as Kirito was getting hungry. Luckily I brought food with me. As a solo playing assassin, I need to have a variety of skills at my disposal, including cooking.

Apparently, my cooking was really good. We eat the food I prepared, and eventually ran into a group of guys who were also exploring the dungeon. They all wore red samurai armor, and the leader walked in the front with a spiky wave being held up by a bandanna. "Kirito?" The male asked when he saw us.

"Oh. Hey Klein." Kirito greeted the man.

They talk for a bit, and finally notice me. "Woah, Kirito?! Who's the cutie?!" The man named Klein asked.