Chapter 2

(Amber's POV)

I was half awake when I woke up. Even though I was excited to see my friends today. I was so tired. I heard knocking on my door.

"Amber," Mark said. "You up?"

"No," I said to the closed door.

"Mark opened it. "I can tell you up, come on, your friends are going to be here in a few hours."

"Fine," I rolled off my bed. I hate mornings.

"Also, this is for you," he handed me a letter.

"What is it?"

"I don't know, it arrived yesterday." And with that he left my room.

I quickly got ready and opened the note. It was from Olivia. She said that her family was leaving early so she could come over. I smiled. Now she could finally come over. Every time I asked her something would happen like the first time; she was busy with family and the time it turned out to be a bad day for her because she was traveling.

After getting ready I joined my brother in the kitchen.

"What did the letter say?" he asked.

"It's from Olivia t's says that she's leaving early so she can come over."

After a few hours Jackson and Gavin showed up. Gavin's house is on the way to mine so Jackosn's parents just pick him up most of the time.

"Hi, Amber, Hi Mark." Jackson said.

"Don't worry I'm on my way to my room," he joked. And headed up the stairs

"Oh, guess what," I said

"What?" Gavin asked.

"So, Olivia told me that she's leaving early so she can come over." I said.

"Ohh that's good. I wonder why she had to leave early," Jackson said.

"That a good question I guess we could ask her,"

But she never showed up. I tried to make excuses for her. I was wondering if she forgot. School started in a few more days. I couldn't wait to see her and ask where she was. Ok I was mad but I couldn't help it.

At school on Monday I already knew what I was going to say to her. She couldn't have forgotten that, what I figured if she spent the time to write me a letter surely she would have remembered. She wasn't in the homeroom. Or in English or in any other classes for that matter.

"Do you know where Olivia is?" I asked the boys during our lunch hour "I haven't seen her all day."

"No, I haven't seen her either," Jackson said.

"Well we could ask her brother," Gavin suggested.

"I guess have you seen him today?"

"Well Mark has classes with him," I told them.

"Well then we can ask him."

After school when my mom picked me up I askes Mark if he saw Olly today.

"Yeah I did, he said Olivia wasn't feeling well so that's why she didn't show up."

"Oh so that's why she wasn't at school today."

He shrugged. "Though he was acting a little weird about it today. We would also change the subject when I brought it up , then eventually she told me she's not feeling well."

"Well we'll see her soon, once she feels better."

Right?