Chapter 8

The Legion's been calling every day. I feel so lucky that they actually care. They also were trying to go back to a new normal where some of them checked the overlook tower and the others set up Rubber's play... still I wish we could go back to the old normal. Luckily, we got one step closer to that.

"Hey, Olly, don't be mad," Hole Punch said on the phone one day. "But I think Scissors is out killing someone" that was the first thing that made me laugh in a while.

Believe it or not I missed getting calls from them telling me that Scissors killed someone or that Hole Punch stole the sun or Rubber's forcing people to watch skits that she made.

"Olly, I'm serious."

"I know... I'm just glad that things are a little more normal."

"So does that mean I can steal the sun?"

"If you don't mind me yelling at you after."

"Ok I'm totally going to do that. Bye Olly" then he hung up.

"Bye" I went to my room to go work on my homework. But the phone rang again. It was probably Jean-Pierre asking me if I really said Punch could steal the sun.

"Jean, I did tell Punch he could steal the sun so if that's what you're asking then you got your answer."

"....... I don't know who Jean or Punch is but please tell me that was a joke."

"Who is this?"

"Mark."

"Oh.... Hi Mark, I was joking, no one can steal the sun, sorry I thought you were someone else." I hope he bought my lie.

"Ok..."

"So why are you calling?"

"Well, I just realized that weird things have been happening."

"So...."

"Well ever since your family came to visit."

"That's a coincidence." to be honest it wasn't their fault it was ours. Even if Scissors is a psychopath and completely determined to kill anyone in her path. Even I would have to admit that it might be my fault for her personality. She still is a living pair of scissors.

".... I guess you're right."

"Besides, they're really friendly." Well.... Maybe not Scissors.

"Well see you later."

"Bye." Finally time to work on homework.

And then the phone rang,

"Hello, who is that?" I answered

"WHO IS THIS!? OLLY IT'S JEAN PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY SCISSORS IS COVERED IN BLOOD? AND WHY IS THE SUN IS MISSING?"

"Look, everyone's back to normal." I joked

"NOT FUNNY."

"Look Hole Punch said he doesn't mind if I yell at him, also check to see who scissors killed."

".....Tape wants to talk to you."

"Fine. Tape what do you need?"

"Ok so, Scis didn't kill anyone, don't worry. She was playin' wit a knife and cut herself."

"Why was she playing with a knife?" I asked. "Normally she would be using it for other reasons."

"Yeah bout dat we told her not ta so she was like 'fine is youse guys are going ta be mean den I'll just play wit it,' so yeah she was playin' wit the knife."

"SCISSORS WHO DID YOU KILL?" Rubber was yelling. "WE TOLD YOU NOT TO!"

"I TOLD YOU I WAS PLAYING WITH THE KNIFE!" Scissors yelled back

"YOU CAN'T DO THAT!"

"SAYS WHO,"

"Tell Scissors I would like to speak with her," I told Tape.

"Sures no problem."

"Hey Olly," Scissors said. "I'm telling the truth i was playing with it,"

"I believe you Tape told me the same thing,"

"So then why do you need me?"

"Any news about the person?" I asked.

"No..." she muttered in defeat. "I'm so sorry I can't find him."

"It's fine."

"There's on more place I can check but I don't really want to unless I'm sure."

"Why?"

"Well the person who lives there hates me,"

"There's another reason Scis. Someone hating you is not a good enough reason..... Well for you anyway."

"Well... it's also where the green streamer was."

"I see, well maybe the rest of the Legion can go with you. Or go without you.. But Scissors."

"Yes?"

"Please try. I would really like my sister back."

"I know....don't worry we all feel the same way.

"I'll talk to you later,"

"Bye Scissors."

"Bye you highness."

"Scissors if you call me that one mo-" she hung up. I sighed she was never going to stop. Well at least now I can finally do my homework if the phone rings one more time, then the Craftsmen will have to answer it, and tell the Legion to deal with it especially because I don't want to have and go help Jean with whatever the problem is. Unless it involves finding Olivia.