CHAPTER 17 " Am I Reliable Now?"

CHAPTER 17" Am I Reliable Now? "

   Today, Mia woke up early for their camping but didn't feel any excitement as she did first when she heard of the news about it. Maybe it's because of the tension between him and Bryan and she promised Marcus not to be close to Bryan. How she will supposed to enjoy the camping without Bryan as her best buddy as she used to be. But she remembered what had Marcus told her yesterday after their steamy moment in the board room

'you can choose me as your next adventure buddy'.

She just smiled and hoped everything will run smoothly today.

Outside the Anderson Building, the coaster bus was already waiting for the team. When Mia arrived most of the team were already set inside the coaster and listening to some instructions from the team leader and  the one representative from Zane group of companies to lead them the way to the camp site.

She was about to go up when Ben called her out

"Miss Jones, I have something to discuss to you first." he said while instructing the team leader in the coaster to go first not to avoid delay in time.

"Jane, you guys can go first. I have some urgent matter to discuss with Miss Jones. As you know she's close to Mr. Zane perhaps I can get some details from her on how to get along well with him." Ben explained Jane, the team leader who handles the Zane Outdoor ad campaign.

Confused Mia asked
" What is there to talk about,  MrBen?"

Ben did not answer her question, but instead lead her to a comougreen Jeep Rubicon parked just a few meters away from the building.

"Why were here, who is it?"   she asked again and now she's more confused. But when Ben opened the door of the car, a familiar handsome figure appeared with a cheeky smile on his face.

"Good morning! Are you ready to take me as your new Adventure Buddy?"  hea sked her grinning.
She was speechless and really doesn't know how to retort at the moment. She just followed obediently when Marcus gestured her to hop on the car.

Along the way, the atmosphere inside the car was so quiet nobody wants to talk not until Marcus broke the silence.

"So tell me what to expect from this camping, hmpp?" he asked.

"Don't play dumb with me. Based on the outfit you're wearing and the car you prepared, I know you knew about it and maybe a pro too? So stop the act. I don't buy it"

"So, am I reliable now?" 

"huh?" she asked with a furrowed brows seemed confused.

"Realiable to be your next Buddy!"

"Oh!" was all she said, because she really doesn't know what to say to this man who came prepared just to prove himself worthy to be her next Adventure buddy. She was moved by the act and perhaps starting to like the feeling she's having every time she's with him. Though it's not clear what was really the real score or the thing between them, she never mind it at all and also thought that it's much better this way
'the no strings attached' as they say, atleast you can easily get your way out when it's time for you to leave, coz you have no label at all and not committed to asked or give your heart to someone. She thought its better this  way for she don't have a plan of staying in Country M forever, she will still go back to her land the Y Country when everything will be settled. And besides Marcus on the other hand doesn't say anything to her either. He just flirted and showed things like this but never told her what was really his intention.

***Hope you like the story and keep on supporting. Please vote and share. Thanks 😊 ***