What Happened

So guys I've been having a pretty bad week that why this kind of sucks. Trust me I am going to feel better next week after this week is over.

BTW thanks to everyone who keeps up with my story. Really happy that more than one person is reading it. 

Mel 

"Go away Parker," thank god Annie came in so I wouldn't have to do anything. As soon as he walked out of the room Annie ran over and shut the door. I tried to get up and I let out a scream. 

"What the hell do you think your doing," she yelled at me. 

"I'm trying to get up so I can get out of here. I hate these god damn hospitals." 

"Whoa there tiger," she said and pushed me back on the bed. “You need to stay put." 

I sighed. "I'm bored." 

"You were calling for Tom in your sleep." 

"I was?" 

“Yeah. You said you didn't want to be hurt again by someone you loved." 

"Well," I said. "I guess that takes care of why I don’t want to be in a relationship again." 

"I'm not sure I understand what you mean." Annie said giving me a quizzical look. 

"The last person who I thought I loved hurt me. A lot," I laughed. "I just don't want it to happen again. I'm scared that the next guy in my life is going to abuse me." 

"Tom...Tom Parker...” she laughed. “Abuse you." 

"Annie it’s serous." 

"OK How about this, I'm so sure that this relationship is going to last that if it doesn’t I’ll stop eating cereal. How about that." She smiled. 

"I'm not sure." 

"Mel." 

"I need time to think." 

"You've been like thinking for a month." 

"Fine. But not until I'm better." 

"Yay." She said and threw her arms around my neck. 

"MY FUCKING RIBS ANNIE. MY RIBS." 

"Oh,” she laughed. “Sorry." 

"Not funny," I said with pain.

"Oh my god she's awake," Nathan said running into the room. I noticed that his eyes were somewhat red. 

"Where you crying?" I asked him. “Over me?” 

"No," he answered. 

"Why are your eyes red then?" 

"Fine...I was smoking pot." 

"NATHAN SYKES," Annie screamed.  

Nathan took a step back and started shaking his hands. He looked petrified. "I was kidding. Haha kidding. Funny he he." 

"You better be," Annie said giving him the death stare. 

“Nathan,” I said. “There’s nothing wrong with being emotional. Real men do cry,” I said as I put an emphasis on do.

Annie and I burst out laughing. Nathan…not so much. I swear if I was not in a hospital bed he seriously would have punched me.   

"Can we go home now? I think Mel wants to be left alone," Nathan asked his face redder than a red heart on valentines day. 

"Sure. I'll be back to check on you tomorrow," Annie said looking at me. 

"I don't need a babysitter," I said moaning. "That's what the nurses are for." 

 “You…mean… that’s…what…Tom…is…for…,” she said coughing. I think she knew she overstayed her welcome at that point. After she finished her ‘coughing’ spasm she quickly said "Oh well. I'll be back anyway." 

She skipped out of the room signing “Shark in the Water” by V.V. Brown. 

Nathan looked at me.  

"She's your girlfriend," I said yawning. 

"She's your best friend," he retorted. 

"Touché," I said as he walked out. 

I saw Jay running down the hallway through the window. He completely missed my room. I then heard a loud crash. I assumed that he had tried to turn around and crashed into something. 

He walked in holding his knee. 

"What did you trip over this time?" I asked him. 

"My own feet," he said smiling. 

"Go home and have a beer Jay. I know it will make you feel better," I said smiling. 

"Really Mel. Gee thanks,” he said. And came over and kissed me. 

"Oi. Stop kissing her. I'm the only one that can kiss her," Tom said walking in. 

"Oh I can't help it though. She tastes so good," he said. 

Tom didn't find that so funny. "Out Jay." 

"I'll see you soon enough," Jay said as he walked out the door. 

I raised my chin up. "What are those for," I asked Tom noticing that he had something in a bag. 

"Blankets." 

"Why?" 

"I'm sleeping here tonight."  

"Why?" I asked innocently.

"Oh shut up....Oh I forgot something. I'll be right back." 

Max walked in and stood with his back on the door frame. 

"I'm taking everyone home now. I'll see you when you come home." 

"Max," I said as he started to walk away. 

"Mmm," he stopped walking. 

"What really happened? I know you will be completely honest with me." 

He sighed and walked over to my bed. 

"Somebody hit you with a car. We don't know who but we will soon. I filed a police report." 

"But Max. The press. This isn’t good stuff for you guys to be mixed up with," I said surprised.

“Eh. Who gives a shit anymore?" 

"Was I really calling for Tom?" I asked him. 

He nodded. "What was going on up there before you woke up," he said pointing at my head. 

"Nothing that's the thing. I passed out. Then the next thing I saw was Tom’s face and I woke up here." 

"You must have feelings for him then. It sounds like your subconscious is trying to tell you something. I say go for it." He leaned down and whispered, "If something does happen you can be sure that he'll pay." He kissed my forehead and walked out.

“What the hell is with everyone kissing Mel today?” Tom asked me rhetorically as he saw Max walking out of the room. 

The next thing I knew Tom decided to turn the lights off. 

"What was that for?" I asked him. 

"Its time to go to bed Mel, go to sleep." 

"But I’m not tired." 

"Oh yes you are," he said. 

"Fine," I said as I closed my eyes.

After a little while, I accidently burped really loudly.

“Yeah and I’m the disgusting one,” Tom mumbled.