The Double Date

So a little somebody told me that I had 600 reads. I do really want to thank the people who keep up with Mel, Tom, and the gang. I remember thinking that 100 was a lot lol.... I will keep writing because I don't think this story will end soon. Thanks again

X Stephanie

Mel  

I couldn't wait to tell Annie what was going to happen. When the cab dropped us off from dinner I literally flew up the stairs to the front door or at least that's what I was planning on doing. You see I ran up the front steps so fast I tripped. I didn't even care I was bleeding or the fact that Tom was laughing hysterically because he knew that I didn't care. I opened the door so fast that it slammed up against the door frame. But, I still didn't care. I ran over to Annie who was eating cereal and with my two trembling hands held up the paper right next to her face.  

"Hey girl what's up?" She asked not looking up.  

I held the paper and did not move.  

"Read it," I said.  

"Stop smiling like that," she said as she looked up. "By the way you are bleeding." 

“I don't care," I said still smiling. "Read the damn paper." 

She mumbled as she read, "blah blah blah all expense paid...two weeks...blah blah blah...Bermuda? Tonight?" 

I nodded. "Did you want to help me pack?"

She didn't even answer and ran up the stairs faster than I had ever seen. 

I walked over to the boys and showed them the same thing I had shown Annie.  

"Awww that's so sweet," they all said in unison. 

"Can you imagine? A whole two weeks without you people," I said laughing. 

They all looked at me like they were about to cry. 

"I'm kidding. I love you people," I said with a smile on my face. 

"Boy, she likes to kid doesn't she," Tom said as he wrapped his arms around my waist. "Do you know at the restaurant she had me believing that she didn't want to go to Bermuda with me? I almost started crying and then she says I'm only kidding," Tom said mimicking me. 

I hit him in the chest. 

"And she also hits people a lot," Tom added. 

"Oh shut it. I probably shouldn't have let Annie pack my bags. I better go check on her." 

I left Tom and the boys and climbed up what seemed like millions of stairs. I was right about not trusting Annie with my suitcase. As soon as I walked in she was rustling through my underwear draw. 

"What are you doing?" I asked standing in the door frame. 

"God Mel you do not have any sexy lingerie at all. You need to have sexy lingerie. Especially since you’re going on a trip alone with Tom." 

I shook my head, “you know me. Un-sexy. Un-flirtatious." 

"I'm taking you shopping now." 

"But our plane leaves in a couple of hours," I winged trying to make an excuse because I knew were this conversation was heading and me and sexy lingerie stores don't mix. 

"Oh come on I know exactly what to get. It won't take that long." 

She gave me one of her puppy dog eye looks. 

"Fine I'll go." 

"Yay." 

 Annie then grabbed my wrist and flung me down the stairs. I swear to god she like threw me over them or something because the next thing I knew I was heading out the door.