𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐎𝐏𝐏𝐒 : 𝐂𝐇. 𝟖

BRITISH MAHOGANY RACER.
CHICAGO, IL
OCTOBER 2019.

"You okay, baby?" British' asked Harlem once again, Camden on FaceTime

"You okay, baby?" British' asked Harlem once again, Camden on FaceTime. This was the first day he was actually responsive since everything had went down for him, the doctors put him in the clear. He was now in stable condition, but they were keeping him in ICU just to be sure. British' per usual, brushed his teeth for him, made sure he had a nice sponge bath, changed his bandage.

"Yeah," Harlem slowly sat up by himself before wincing, "I'm just in a lotta pain." He mumbled softly.

"Aw! My poor baby, I'll be in Chicago tomorrow!" Camden told him as British held the phone towards him. Camden wasn't gonna let British take this on by herself. Camden was literally the both of their moms if it made any sense. She raised the both of them the best way she knew how and now it was time for oldest sister to step up again.

Harlem forced a smile through his pain, "how long you stayin? You bringin Cali?" Camden smiled at the questions.

"Yeah I'm bringing Cali," she paused, "and I'll stay for as long as y'all need me. Lemme finish packing y'all, okay? I'll check in with y'all later. I love y'all!"

"We love you too!" British spoke for the both of them, Camden ending the call. British smiled at the good news she was harboring, the fact she had found the perfect two bedroom apartment in the Hyde park neighborhood. Fifteen minutes, by car, away from his school so he could still attend his school. "So I have good news!"

"What?" Harlem focused on opening his applesauce he had beside him for a couple of hours now.

"I finally found an apartment for us," she gushed brushing his dreads away his face as she saw the sheer excitement in his eyes, "we can finally be together now. How does that sound?"

"Are we moved in yet?" He eagerly asked making her laugh and nod, she was currently in the process of moving with Celeste's and her work friends, Mickey's help. She was able to afford Harlem's bed but settled for a blow up for herself.  She managed to get a tv in the living area and had her tv from when she stayed with Megan. Everything was basically all set, the only thing left was for her to go back to Bentley's place and get all of Harlem's belongings.

"Yeah," British nodded, "everything is all set, you don't gotta work about nothin. All I gotta do is get some furniture and we're all good, you have a bed, and I'll get your game and your clothes and everything I got you."

"Good." Harlem smiled.

iMessage.
Dayvon.

wats Harlem room # again?

1167
read 3:23

British and Dayvon had traded numbers the same night she went to her mothers house to inform her of Harlem's condition. Dayvon suggested they trade numbers to check in with each other about Harlem, but of course Dayvon had other plans to use her number for and leisure was one of them. British' didn't see it as flirting like Dayvon did but more of just friendly talk than anything, the furthest thing from her mind was a relationship she was way past that.