𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐎𝐏𝐏𝐒 : 𝐂𝐇. 𝟗

CAMDEN MAJESTY HOWARD.
CHICAGO, IL
OCTOBER 2019.

"I'm tired of movin' all this stuff!" Camden sucked her teeth looking around her sisters spacious two bedroom apartment

"I'm tired of movin' all this stuff!" Camden sucked her teeth looking around her sisters spacious two bedroom apartment. She and Cali had touched down in the city, Dayvon, offered to take Cali to go see Harlem and now they were at the hospital.

"Girl," Celeste laughed unpacking all of the stationary items British' had in storage, "you moved one box!"

"That's still way too much!" Camden sighed plopping down on the folding chair in the middle of the unfurnished living room. "I just got here I'm tired!"

"Girl you complain more than anybody I know," British yelled from the bedroom, "get yo ass up and come help me unpack my clothes!" Camden grunted getting up from the chair and sluggishly walking into the bedroom.

"You can't unpack yo own clothes while I relax?" She mumbled softly sitting down on the beauty rest queen air mattress, laying down.

"You lazy as hell," British laughed a little putting her jackets on hangers and sticking them in the closet, "how long y'all stayin' down here I forgot to ask you that?"

Camden hesitated to respond and instead changing the direction of the conversation, "you and Dayvon? He came over here to get Cali and y'all was just cheesin' like y'all never smiled before." She forced a smile showcasing her mouth full of golds.

"Bitch," British mugged her, "no. Not at all. I can't even get my mind off of Kyrin, we just was talkin'...like how adults talk? We was not flirtin'." She said sternly.

"Girl whateva', he fine as fuck." Camden hummed playing with the the zipper on her BAPE jacket, " if I was you I'a be up onnat, you trippin."

"Good thing you ain't me and you got a boyfriend slash baby daddy miss thang," British reminded her making her roll her eyes.

"Yeah sure, why you think I'm out here?" Camden huffed. "It ain't all because of Harlem, I been tryna get out of Wisconsin for weeks!"

British sucked her teeth with a little laugh, "you say this every week and then you be right back up in his face, kissin' each other asses!"

"No I'm serious British," she said sternly making British turn to look at her, rolling up the sleeves of her jacket she showcased bruises as if a hand had gripped her so tight that it presented a dark purple hand print, she then lifted her jacket presenting dark purple and bright red bruises, "and thank god he stopped hittin' me in my face cause the fuckin' concealer wouldn't hide the bruises no mo."

"Camden," British paused flashbacks of the public fights and private fights she had with Kyrin flashed through her mind, she always made sure to defend herself, he stopped after she sliced him across the chest, "please tell me you fought back!"

"I wish I could," Camden said obviously embarrassed, "but it would only get worse if I did. I didn't want Cali to watch me die."

British looked at her brave older sister and frowned, this was the most vulnerable she had ever seen Camden. Camden was literally the backbone, and the shoulders for British. Whenever things hit hard for British, Camden always had the right words and handled the situation from a hundred miles away. But, she couldn't even handle her own issues.