𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐎𝐏𝐏𝐒 : 𝐂𝐇. 𝟏𝟔

BRITISH MAHOGANY RACER.
CHICAGO, IL
NOVEMBER 2019.

"YOU like it bae?" British asked gently, turning the swiveling salon chair to face the mirror

"YOU like it bae?" British asked gently, turning the swiveling salon chair to face the mirror. India stood up looking at the medium knotless braids smiling as she ran her fingers through them. It was late as hell, around eleven pm and the shop was closed. But, Celeste knowing British for so long always left her there to lock up since her clients always ran past ten o'clock. And in perfect fashion, India was an hour late to her appointment coming in at seven o'clock.

"Ooh, yes!" She gushed rummaging through her quilted Chanel purse. She pulled out a hundred, a fifty and a twenty dollar bill passing it to British who smiled at the extra ten dollar tip. She needed it, she was saving up for a car, her birthday was this month and rent was no joke.

"Good, don't be lettin' Durk pull on em now," she teased, "they just got done."

India sucked her teeth scrunching her face up as she stood the cape off herself. "Girl don't even play wimme like that! You know ion play wit' Durk bout my head, so don't even try it."

"Yeah. It sound nice." British smiled side eyeing India as she screwed the cap back on her gel and put the caps back on her mousse's.

"Naw, cause it's the baby hair fa' me." India gushed once again, mesmerized by her hair. She pulled British closer to her in the mirror snapping a quick picture and posting it to her Instagram story.

"You need a ride home?"

"Nope, I'll get a Uber." British replied gently. "Go ahead and get home babe, it's late!"

"Girl, bye. Talm bout a Uber." India sucked her teeth.

"No for real, I can get a Uber. I gotta clean up and lock up, ion want you waiting on me or making Durk worry. Get home, love. I'll be fine for real!" She reassured India, grabbing the broom from behind her booth, brushing up all the braiding hair and rubber bands.

India sucked her teeth pulling her keys out automatic starting her car outside and grabbing her big black framed glasses, "alright bae, text me when you get home so I know you good."

"I will."

"Bye, lady von!" She teased with a smirk before unlocking the shop door and pulling it open. Earning an irritated middle finger from British. She'd been teasing British with the nickname since she told her what happened that night at the party.

While rinsing out the sinks, and cleaning up the shampoo room, British frowned at hearing the shop door open. Who could possibly think the shop was open now. "Sorry hun, we're not open!" British called from the back expecting to hear an apology and them exit but was greeted by silence. Just for protection, British grabbed the baseball bat from the corner and headed out onto the main floor to see Kyrin sitting in one of the waiting chairs. Sucking her teeth, she lowered the bat, still holding it in her hand she rolled her eyes.