𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐎𝐏𝐏𝐒 : 𝐂𝐇. 𝟏𝟎

BRITISH MAHOGANY RACER.
CHICAGO, IL
OCTOBER 2019.

"Now why is you callin' me so late?" British playfully mugged as Dayvon's face finally popped up on the FaceTime call

"Now why is you callin' me so late?" British playfully mugged as Dayvon's face finally popped up on the FaceTime call. His eyes a light shade of red, as he smiled playing with the root of his dreads as he sat in what looked like a modern kitchen.

"Damn, ion get no hey ah' nun?" He smiled low eyed and his voice subtle. "And cause mufuckas jus' got inna crib fa real."

"Oh okay," British hummed, "you musta had a good ol' time cause baby you can't even keep yo eyes open!"

"Hell yea." Dayvon laughed. "Ian gon lie ta' you, I'm high and a lil tipsy...as hell."

"Yeah, I can't tell." British said sarcastically, pulling her bonnet up over her edges. "Y'all had a party or sumn?"

"Yea, one of my homies was havin' a lil backyard party fa his bitch," he said nonchalantly.

British scrunched her face up. She always, always, had a strong distaste in the way some men would prefer to their woman or romantic partner as their bitch. She felt as though it was demeaning and when accepted that as a title it really showed your worth.

"You mean his lady?" She corrected him with emphasis.

"Das' da same shit." He shrugged making British mug him disgust evident all in her facial expression making Dayvon laugh. "What foe?"

"That's not the sane thing, and it's ugly of you to even think it is," she explained, "ugh, his bitch and his lady are two different types of titles to me!" British continued. "It could just be that I'm a big ass luva' girl and I think the world bitch—when a nigga is referring to his girl is ghetto as hell and rude. I know in my last relationship I cut that my bitch shit off real quick! If I can't be referred to as your girl, woman, or lady, don't refer to me at all!"

"I wanna be a nigga ole' lady, niggas love they ole' lady."

Dayvon let at her statement before continuing but looking at her with a sense of newfound admiration and even more respect than he already had for her. British laughed too, more in bewilderment than anything cause why was he looking at her like that.

"What?"

Dayvon sucked his teeth, tilting his head back looking at her with a small smirk and lowered eyes, "damn we on FaceTime, I can't look 'atchu?"

British sucked her teeth at the question, "it's not that you can't look at me, it's the way you lookin' at me like what?" She laughed.

"Naw, i jus' ain' neva' heard no bit—girl," he smoothly corrected himself not wanting to offend her, she took notice and smiled at how respectful it was, "say no shit like dat fa real. You know how ho's be whea' we from, don't give no fucks."