𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐎𝐏𝐏𝐒 : 𝐂𝐇. 𝟏𝟖

BRITISH MAHOGANY RACER.
CHICAGO, IL
NOVEMBER 2019.

BRITISH focused on braiding India's hair once again into 6 stitch braids to the back, she was getting more into braids lately and British was loving that for her

BRITISH focused on braiding India's hair once again into 6 stitch braids to the back, she was getting more into braids lately and British was loving that for her. Reaching over to grab a black clip and put it in her own hair to keep it out of her line of vision.

"Oooh! Who got flowers?" A client named Keisha asked sitting in one of the wiring chairs, leaning her head back against the window seeing a delivery man approach. "It's a delivery man coming to the door with a big ass bouquet!"

"Probably Indiaaaa!" Celeste teased at India who looked up from her phone shaking her head slowly at the statement.

"Nah, me and my man into it right now. He definitely not sending me shit!" She continued. "Maybe it's you!"

Celeste sucked her teeth focusing on flat ironing her clients hair, "one thing I know fasho, my baby daddy, Zoo? Ain't got one romantic bone in that fat ass body, he don't know what a rose look like!"

British laughed in response, lifting her head to see a huge white rose bouquet in the arms of a man, pushing the salon door open he stepped inside, "Good Morning, ladies." He greeted everyone sweetly. British muttered a good morning along with the other ladies in the shop. Returning her attention to the braids she was working on, not giving the flowers a single thought. He looked down at the phone he had in his hands reading off the name for the deliver. "For...British?" He looked up slowly all the eyes in the shop flickering to British who scrunched her forehead in confusion, pointing to her self as she looked at the delivery man who shrugged.

Walking over to him, she scribbled a signature on the screen of the device to sign for it before taking the huge bouquet. "Y'all have a great day!" He muttered before exiting the shop doors.

"Girl lemme find out you got a good one!" Keisha boasted as British laughed in response, taking the bouquet back to her work station, taking the note card from the middle and opening it up.

"For my girl its yo gloday week, twenty one inna raqqq! Dayvon."

She smiled at the note, and the gesture of just getting the flowers at all.

"Aw yeah he steppin!" India smiled turning around in her chair. "Gang nem steppinnnnn!"

"Okay!" Celeste agreed from across the shop. "He definitely applying pressure, that's so cute British!"

"Y'all, I forgot it was even my birthday week I ain't gon lie. I haven't been thinkin' about it." She picked up her phone going to her facetime app, before clicking Dayvon's contact. It had been a week since they've been dating and the pressure he was applying already? Amazing. "As soon as I get Harlem out the way I don't even think about me." Dayvon picked up second ring, as he should.

British smiled as the call connected, showing Dayvon in his Lexus looking at the phone with the same smile. "What you on foe nemmm?"

"You're sweet," she smiled softly flipping the camera to show the flowers on her work station.