𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐎𝐏𝐏𝐒 : 𝐂𝐇. 𝟏𝟐

BRITISH MAHOGANY RACER.
CHICAGO, IL
OCTOBER 2019.

"Hey babes!" British smiled happily as Harlem crawled the steps back into the apartment

"Hey babes!" British smiled happily as Harlem crawled the steps back into the apartment. He had spent most of his Saturday with Dayvon who took him to their own version of a daddy and son breakfast since he missed the one his school was holding, due to his injury. It allowed British to work a double, she was tired but she had rent, cable, and phone bill to pay. Plus, she had two others living with her now, groceries was gonna be hell to buy. At least Camden was helping, but she still needed to save up to buy a car.

"Wassup Lil Folks," Harlem cooly said walking into the apartment, British's lips parting as her eyes followed his constantly growing figure.

"Wassup who?" She asked quietly to which he ignored turning on his game almost immediately. Dayvon came up the stairs holding a bag of food.

"Wassup lil folks?" He smiled. "Yo ass hungry?" British sucked her teeth knowing exactly where Harlem got it from.

_________

"Shit nasty!" British frowned pushing the paper plate of Chinese food away from her back onto the island. Spitting the remnants of the food into a paper towel balling it up and sitting it in the plate.

"On O," Von agreed pushing the plate to the side, "Ian gon lie now I'm blew folks. Jus' spent money onnat shit fa' it ta' be ass like that."

"Fuck you get that from?" British mugged the plate in distaste, she grabbed the bottle of Pepsi Dayvon had drunken out of side-eyeing him. "You be doin' shit wit' yo mouth?" She asked him seriously to which he sucked his teeth.

"Man, getcho' goof ass—ian ate pussy in like three years," he stated making British stare at him for a moment before water falling the Pepsi.

"That's unfortunate." Camden stated walking into the kitchen before sucking her teeth. "Damn y'all got food and ain't even ask niggas if they wanted some?"

"That shit nasty anyway, gang." Dayvon spoke up. "You'ont wan' it."

British' grimaced at how strong the Pepsi was wincing at it, "that's exactly why I don't drink pop!"

"That's exactly how I be when I get that first hit of that McDonald's sprite, whew shit!" Camden shook her head grabbing a cranberry juice from the refrigerator.

"So why you drink it, dumb ass lil girl?" Dayvon said watching her scrunch her face up in distaste, he loved to taunt her. It was almost something he did to show he liked her, it was childish but the way Dayvon grew up, he knew how to slick talk, but he also knew British' wasn't going for it. She wasn't interested in sweet talk, she wanted real grown talk.