Its christmasss!

Penelope's POV~
It's the best holiday of the year except my birthday of course. This year has to be even better than the normal Halliwell-swan Christmas Day gathering as it's Paul's first Christmas with us. Paul has told me that he never really celebrated Christmas with his dad before so I am determined to make this special. I have spent months getting the perfect present for him. My family like to say I go a little mad at Christmas, I've even picked up extra shifts to get everyone presents.

Today we are getting the Christmas tree so of course I woke up at 5 am. At the moment I am debating whether I should wake him up, being the good girlfriend I am I didn't wake him up. The last time I woke him up early he decided to lay on top of me and refused to move , he just mumbled that I was annoying into my boob. I gently moved him off my chest with my powers and woke up Prue by jumping on her bed.
"Penelope Jayde Halliwell what do you think you are doing." She grumbles as she sits up. "It's five am." She continues as she rubs the sleep out of her eyes.
"I know but it's so exciting. We are decorating for Christmas." I sang whilst jumping into a sitting position on her bed. "It's the best time of the year. Ooh I'm going to bake sugar cookies." Prue just waves me off, I don't get why she so grumpy it's almost Christmas.

When I get to the kitchen I Google a recipe for sugar cookies. I begin to make the cookies when Paul trudges into the kitchen pouting.
"You left me." He mumbles as he plops down into a chair at the breakfast island.
"I know baby but it's Christmas tree day and I didn't want to wake you up." I chirp as I peck his lips before dancing back to my cookies. "But I'm making cookies."
"Your to hyper." He grumbles before dropping his head on to his arms.

Once the cookies come of out the oven Paul wakes up which is typical. He try's to take one off of the tray but yelps in pain as he burns is fingers.
"Why did you touch one they've just come out the oven." I lecture him but he just rolls his eyes.
"But they smell nice." He justifies. " can you kiss it better." Again I question him being a shifter when he acts like a baby half the time. I do kiss it better.
"All better now." I giggle. "Ooh we need to get ready so we can get the tree and decorate the house.

Paul's POV~
I woke up to an empty bed and was instantly worried until I heard loud Christmas music coming from the kitchen. Lotty's family warned me about how much she loved Christmas but I didn't think she would be up at 5 am listening to Christmas music. I slowly trudge down the stairs pouting slightly that she left me.
"You left me." I mumbles as I sit down into a chair at the breakfast island.
"I know baby but it's Christmas tree day and I didn't want to wake you up." She chirp before she give me a quick kiss on the  lips before dancing back to the cookies she was making. "But I'm making cookies." She sings which makes my lips turn up slightly even though I'm slightly mad that she didn't properly kiss me.
"Your to hyper." I grumble before dropping my head on to my arms and try to go back to sleep.

Once the cookies come of out the oven I raise my head. Here's the thing with Lotty most of the time her food is the best, even better than Emily's, sometimes it's awful. Like that soup she made and added way to much salt as she felt the recipe didn't have enough. My hand reaches out to grab one of the cookies.
"Why did you touch one they've just come out the oven." She lectures me as I burnt my finger.
"But they smell nice." I whine. " can you kiss it better." I am going soft now. A year ago I would have made fun off myself.
"All better now."  She giggle. "Ooh we need to get ready so we can get the tree and decorate the house." She sings as she skips up the stairs. Like woman it's 6 am.
Once we get up stairs she begins picking out outfits for picking a Christmas tree, the last time I really celebrated Christmas was when I was 7 with my mom and dad before she cheated and dad drank.
"Baby are you ok." I hear Lotty's worried voice. Shit I didn't even realise that I was crying but I couldn't stop. Arms wrap around my neck as she pulls me into her, my cry's begin turn into sobs. I pull us down into the floor and place my head into her chest.
"If you don't want to go tree shopping you don't have to." She whispers innocently into my ear. Stifling a laugh a look up and shake my head, as much as I love Penelope she doesn't understand people emotions. Once I explain why I was upset she hugged me tighter. " well you will have the best Christmas ever I've spent months planning and got us matching pyjamas..." she rushes out stroking my hair. I zone out thinking about how lucky I am that she has gone all out for our first Christmas together. When I first shifted I was scared but it helped me that Penelope was stood there. Even though she didn't have the best reaction she has been there for me through everything.