Chapter 1

She rushed out of the house with a car keys in hand. She opened her purple Ford Fiesta and started the transmission. "I can't be late on my first day!" she said with a strong British accent, "Crap!" She only had thirty minutes to get to work and lived eight kilometers away. She felt a vibrating in her pocket and realized it was her phone. She grabbed it and and answered, "Hello?"

"Minx, where the hell are you?" replied Cry.

"Hello Cry, happy to talk to you again," she said sarcastically, "I just left the house and there is no traffic so I should be able to get there soon."

"Well hurry up! Krism is going to have you help her for your first surgery!"

"Okay, I'll hurry! Bye!"

"Bye Minx."

Minx hung up and drove faster. Twenty minutes later she arrived at Queen Elizabeth Memorial Hospital. "I'm here! I'm here!" she yelled as she ran up to Cry who was in the middle of the hallway waiting impatiently.

"It's about time Minx. Now come on Krism wants to meet you seeing as she's only heard about you," Cry said as he saw Minx come down the hallway.

"I hope they were good things."

"You never know what Mark will tell people."

They then started walking towards the lift to go on the third floor where Krism's office was to meet her. Once they reached her room, Minx and Cry heard something crash and ran into the room to investigate.

"What do you think that was Cry?" Minx said as she grabbed the door handle.

"I have no idea Minx, Krism might have dropped something," Cry said as Minx pushed open the office door. "Hello? Krism? I have Minx, the new surgeon, with me."

"Okay, that's nice. I'm just looking for a certain folde- found it!" said a voice coming from behind the desk. The owner of the voice stood up. "Hello I'm Krism," she said extending her arm out to Minx, "You must be Minx. I am glad to have you on the team. I've heard great things about you from Mark."