Chapter 19: Volleyball Games

Chapter 19

It was a beautiful Tuesday morning when I felt someone flicking my ear and breathing all over my face.

It was annoying the hell out of me.

I tried hitting the hand away but it kept flicking my ear.

"Wake up, Rea. Wake Up." Jay whispered. There are times where I wanted to slap my brother in the face. This is one of those times.

I kept still and didn't move a muscle.

"Come on dude. You got your first volleyball game today!" he exclaimed.

Oh shoot. I did have my first volleyball game today. I quickly stood up and ran to the bathroom.

"You're welcome!" Jay yelled out as I slammed the bathroom door.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face quickly. I changed into a white jersey-like shirt that had the number 99 and Problems on it. I put on shorts with my top since it was pretty hot today. I saw the time and saw that I still had half an hour before I had to leave my house.

Thanks Jay for waking me up way early.

I decided to curl my hair. It took me about 20 minutes. I quickly walked down the stairs and ate a quick breakfast.

Jay motioned me to go to his car so he can drop me off to school.

"Bye dad!" I yelled out loud so my dad knew that we had left.

Jay got to school in five short minutes.

"Bye little sis! Go kick some ass today." Jay smiled at me.

"Me? Kick ass? Always." My brother and I then high-fived and I walked into school with a small smile on my face.

I walked to my locker to get the books I needed for my first period.

I was shutting my locker when Colette can running towards me and tackled me into a bear hug.

"Hello MVP!" she cheered. I looked at her weirdly.

"Well aren't you a ray of sunshine this morning?" I giggled at her actions.

"Of course! It's your first volleyball game and I'm going to be there to support you! You'll find me in the bleachers telling the other team off."

I laughed at her. Typical Colette. "Alright, just don't get into too much trouble. I still need you as my best friend." I winked at her and we headed to our first period.

The day went by quickly and next thing you know it was already the end of the day. Surprisingly, Ethan didn't bother me that much today. He smiled and said hi to me whenever we saw each other but that was pretty much it. He didn't flirt or annoy me. Although, he still sat with me during lunch but he was actually tolerable. He offered to throw my trash away which I let him do because well I'm lazy.

Today was the day. My first volleyball game. I was excited and nervous at the same time. I was in the Varsity team and I was pretty excited to finally play.

"Hey A! You ready to kick some butt today?" Taylor, my teammate asked. We were now in the locker room changing into our jerseys. My jersey number was lucky number 13.

"Hell yeah! We have to win our first game!" I high-fived her and put my hair up in a high ponytail to keep it out of my face.

Soon as everyone was done changing, we headed out to the GYM where the volleyball nets were already set up and the opposing team were already practicing.