Chapter 15: Enemies & Sisters

Chapter 15

"Hey cupcake." Ethan greeted me as I closed my locker. It's been a week since I went bowling with him and now he thinks that we're best friends. He won't leave me alone. Meaning, he follows me everywhere! Yesterday, I was in the restroom just before lunch and Ethan decided that he'd wait for me outside the bathroom until I was done. He sits with me at lunch, too. He even followed me home when I had to walk!

"Why don't you eat a cupcake and leave me alone?" I suggested.

"Nah, you're way better than a cupcake." he stated with a smirk.

"Alright. Bye." I waved him off and walked away and headed to walk home because Jay was with my dad, buying a new car for Jay.

"Wait!" he called out, "Today's Friday!"

"So? I'm aware that Friday is a day of the week." I stated, looking at him stupidly.

"No, I mean don't I owe you a movie?" he pointed out, "Since you know? You beat me in bowling." he mumbled quietly, making sure no one heard him.

"Fine, I'll go with you. But it's only because I want to see you cry." I said with a small grin.

"Whatever floats your boat, babe." he smirks. Stupid jerk.

With that being said, he led the way to his car. He opened the passenger door and I slipped inside. Who knew the player was a gentleman? Then again, this could just be one of his acts to get in my pants.

I snapped out of my thinking when he said, "So, what's this movie we're seeing again?"

"The Fault In Our Stars! I can't wait to see it! I mean the book was already fantastic! Imagine what the movie would be like." I stated, excitedly.

"Doesn't the girl die?" he asked, curiously. I gaped at him. What kind of person hasn't read The Fault In Our Stars?! He saw my expression and looked at me confused. "I saw the trailer and it's kind of obvious that the girl dies." I gaped at him even more. HE THINKS HAZEL GRACE DIES.

"Y-you haven't read the book yet?!?!" I exclaimed. This is unbelievable!

"No, of course not. I don't read. I only look at the summaries on Google if I need them for an essay, duh. That's what everyone does these days." he stated, looking at me if I was stupid.

"You're crazy! When was the last time you read an actual book?" I asked, curiously.

"Does looking at the pictures in my mom's cookbook count?" he asked, with a shy grin.

I gaped at him and shook my head. I didn't even notice that we were at the mall already.

We went down and headed for the movies. "Wait! Are you going to cry during the movie?" he asked me.

"Most likely."

He groaned and we headed to the line where people were buying tickets. All of a sudden, I heard squealing. I covered my ears because it went right through my ears. Ouch.

I turned around and saw a group of girls wearing shorts that practically show you their bottoms. They were also wearing the most revealing tops ever. It looked like a bra but maybe an inch or two longer. Disgusting. They went to where we were standing.

"Hi Ethy!" Ethy? I snorted out loud. It sounded like the alien, E.T.

"Hey." Ethan winked at her and her friends, causing all of them to giggle. I wanted to throw up.

"So Ethy! What are you doing here? That your cousin?" she asked, pointing at me. Strike one, bitch. Two more and you're out. "Oh well, anyways, do you want to come with us to go shopping?" she asked, completely ignoring me again. See, these are the types of people that I hate.