Chapter 20: The Celebratory Outing

Chapter 20

Somehow Ethan had convinced me to go with him to this little celebratory outing since I refused to acknowledge it as a date as he called it.

Ethan was currently driving us to God knows where and I was starting to get really impatient. I mean I was promised food here and guess who doesn't have any food yet? Me.

"Where are we going?" I asked him for the nineteenth time. Yes, I have been counting.

"Just be patient, will you?" He glances at me and focuses his attention back on the road again.

"I would of been more patient if you would of given me at least a snack before we left the school. I mean I haven't eaten since lunch and we've been driving for like an hour!" I exclaimed. I can get really cranky when I haven't been fed. My mom always thought I was part animal and to be honest I don't disagree with her. 

"Okay, first of all we've only been on the road for about forty five minutes," I rolled my eyes a his statement as he continued, "... and here's a Kit-Kat." He handed me a delicious looking Kit-Kat bar and I literally almost dove for it. What can I say I love me some Kit-Kat.

I mumbled a thank you with the delicious treat in my mouth, which was a struggle really. Ethan just looked at me and chuckled. "You're something else, aren't you?" He asked me.

"I'm not something, I'm a person." I retorted with my boss ass attitude.

"Oh I know you're a person, a very hot person." He winked at me and I really wanted to stab him in the eye with a spoon. Hey, spoons can be painful.

"Okay where are we going and when are you going to feed me?" I asked him. I finished my candy about fifty seconds after he gave it to me.

"Didn't I just give you a Kit-Kat like three minutes ago?" He glances at me and looks for any piece of evidence of the candy that I demolished.

"Yeah exactly. That was three minutes ago." And gave him a look that said your point is?

"You mean to tell me that you finished that the minute I gave it to you?"

"Nope, I finished it in fifty seconds." I told him calmly while looking at my nails.

"I applaud you." He gives me an impressed look and he finally parks the car after a hundred hours in that car. I'm exaggerating, but you would too if you haven't been fed a proper meal.

"Where are we?" I asked him. We were at the front of a place that looked like a diner with a pink neon sign that said Betty's.

"This, my dear Andrea, is the best place you can ever eat at." He emphasizes his point by spreading his arms across and waving it by the sign.

"I mean as long as there's food I'm not complaining." I simply told him and went straight to the front door leaving him in the parking lot.

Before I can reach and open the door, Ethan runs up to the door and opens it for me. Even I was shocked. Ethan Johnson is not  a gentleman. I mean nothing about him is gentle.

Today is such a weird day.

I looked at him weirdly as if he was from another planet and walked into the diner.

"Hi! My name's Patty! Follow me to your table!" A peppy, blone haired, middle-aged woman greeted us right when we stepped foot into the diner. She was really happy and to be honest, if I was her I would be too since she was around food for almost the entire day. She was in heaven.