Chapter 5: Daddy Dearest

Andrea's POV

It's been 2 weeks since my mom had passed away and left us. And honestly, its been hell. My brother and I often fought because we didn't know what to do. This is telling us something because we never fought. My brother didn't know what do. He just turned 20 this year and we both knew he couldn't look after me. All our families and relatives didn't even contact us. And they say that "Families always stick together."

I was currently in my room, just thinking of my future and what was going to happen with my brother and I. What if my brother gets tired and just leaves me all alone? I mean, I'm sure he can survive on his own. Maybe, they were right. That I was ugly, pathetic, and just a burden. Here we go again, just when I thought I forgot about the bullies, they come back to my thoughts. 

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. "Come in." I said quietly, but I'm sure the person who was knocking can hear. I saw that it was my brother, Jayden. Of course, who else would it be?

"Hey? You okay?" he asked gently. Wow. We weren't fighting. This was a first in the two weeks that have passed. 

"Y-yeah." I stuttered. I didn't even know how to act in front of him right now. 

"Listen, I'm sorry if I've been pretty mean and harsh on you lately. It's just that. I've been really stressed about everyting and I really don't know what to do right now. Without mom, it's like there's no one to fall on whenever we need her. Or a shoulder to cry on when we need it." Jayden said, his eyes looking foggy. 

"I'm sorry, too. I haven't been in the best of moods either. And no matter what, we'll always be there for each other right? I bet you mom is looking down at us right now, watching over us and you know what? She's probably happy that we're facing this together." I said. 

"Yeah. I'm just worried about us." he said. I was too. 

"I know. But promise me that you won't ever leave me." I needed to hear it from him. Once Jay promised something, he would fulfil it. 

"Of course, I promise to never leave you, no matter what." he hugged me and I hugged him back. We were interrupted by a phone ringing. It was Jayden's. 

"Hello?" he said not bothering to look at the caller ID. 

"R-right now?" he asked. Who could he be talking to?

"Okay. I'll be down in a minute." he said back to the person he was talking to and he headed for the door and the stairs. 

"Jay! Who was that?" I asked, curiously. 

"It was dad. He said that he was downstairs." he explained, and rushed off downstairs. Wait, dad? Isn't he in America? What on earth is he doing in London? I went downstairs to see what was going on and I saw dad and Jay sitting on our small couch. 

My dad saw me and said, "Hello Rea." he said. "How are you doing?" he asked. 

"Dad, what are you doing here?" I asked. Why was he here?

"Have a seat and I'll explain it to you guys." I sat down next to Jay and encouraged dad to go on. "Okay. I heard about your mother and how she um, passed away. I'm deeply sorry and I know how much you guys are hurting right now. And I'm deeply sorry for not being there for you guys and helping your mother, but you must understand our past. But you guys have to know that I love you and that I care for you guys. So, you guys need to come back to America with me and I'll provide everything you need. You guys can live with me and go back to school there, and Jay can go back to college. What do you say?" he asked, with a pleading face. 

I knew that he cared about us, but was that the best idea? I really didn't want to go back to America and most of all, my old school. So I said, "I don't think that's a-" 

"Alright, we'll go with you." Jayden cut me off. Wait, what? 

"Wait. Jayden. You're agreeing to go back there?" I asked, I thought he didn't like that place as much as I did. 

"I think it's the best idea right now, Rea. We have no one here. But dad, he's our parent and he'll provide us money, food, and a place to live." he said. 

"That's right, I'll provide you guys everything you need." dad said. I knew I had no choice, Jayden was my only family left, well besides my dad, but you know what I mean. I had to agree or else. 

"Okay Jay. If you think it's the best idea, then okay." I said with a sigh and a small smile. 

"Great!" my dad said happily. "I'll be staying at a nearby hotel here, since I know there's no room here. I'll be back tomorrow afternoon at1 to pick you guys up to go to the airport. Make sure to pack everything you need." he said with a smile and walked out to the door.

"Are you sure this is the best idea?" I asked Jayden.

"Yes. I know that you had a pretty hard past there, but I want you to be strong. Mom would want you to be strong. It's for the best." he said and he started walking up the stairs. "Start packing up." he turned around. 

I nodded and followed him upstairs and into my room. I started packing up. 

What was going to happen when I go back to school? Were they still going to bully me? Of course they will. What else is new? But, I wasn't going to let them do what they did to me again. Because from now on, I'm a different girl. And I'm not the same. I'll make sure that I'll be different.

Both inside and out.

To be continued . . . 

Sorry guys ! It's really short and I updated so late . I'll probably update again tomorrow . ((: Thanks for reading !

Vote

Comment

Fan