03

Newt~

I ran through the maze as greviers cornered me and my friends. "Just keep going!" Minho yelled.

A female shriek of pain ran through the air as Teresa was thrown off the edge of the cliff. I turned around and saw Chuck lying on the ground with a grevier leg protruding from his chest.

"What's going on?" Thomas cried.

Minho was grabbed from behind and ripped to shreds as Thomas and I screamed his name. I then felt repeated thudding on my back and began to freak out.

I awoke from Minho repeatedly kicking me in my back. He was still sleeping so I couldn't yell at him so I went to find Y/n. She was sitting on a rock playing with green smoke in the form of a snake. She looked like she hadn't slept at all.

Y/n~

"You alright?" Newt asked as he sat next to me.

The smoke coming from my hands disappeared and I looked off into the distance. "I should be asking you that. On account of what I just saw." I replied.

"What do you mean?"

"Your nightmare. It was awful."

"How did you see that?"

"I'm the goddess of nightmares and fears. I can see what everyone is afraid of and use it against them."

"Oh. Can you see my friends' fears?"

"Yeah. Minho: ending up like those kids back at WICKED. Thomas: failing everyone. Teresa: what will happen if you don't make it to the right arm. Frypan: what will happen to Winston. Aris: being rejected by you guys. Winston: losing himself to the virus. And you're scared of being back in the maze."

"What are you scared of?"

"Reliving my brother and lover's deaths. Their faces before they died scare me the most."

"How did they die?"

"Loki, my brother, died by trying to do the right thing."

Flashback~

Thor was bound by several pieces of metal and I was being held back by Proxima Midnight. Loki stood in front of Thanos and one of his daggers appeared in his hand. In a quick motion Loki aimed the knife at the titan's throat but it was being held back by the space stone.

"You really think it would be that easy to kill me?" Thanos chuckled as he picked up my brother by the neck.

"NO! Let him go! Please, he's innocent!" I protested.

"You...will never be...a...god." Loki groaned as he struggled for air.

A faint crack went through the air as Loki's body fell limp in Thanos's hand. His body was dropped to the floor while Thor and I were released. I scrambled to my brother's side and cried into his lifeless body.

Flashback over~

"That's awful. I'm so sorry." Newt apologised when I finished the story.

"At least he wasn't beheadded by a Dark Elf." I replied, letting a tear fall down my cheek.

"I can't imagine what you've been through but if you need someone to talk to, I'm always here."

"Thank you, Newt."

"Hey guys, we're leaving now!" Minho yelled from where the others were.

I got up and walked to Thomas, Newt behind me. "Do you think it's safe for me to come with you?" I asked.

"Yeah, the more the merrier. Besides, WICKED wants you too, it would be smarter for all of us to travel in a group so we know where everyone is." Thomas replied.

We walked in the demolished city, dragging our feet and gazing at the structures. "What happened here?" Frypan asked to no one in particular.

"Time happened. The sun flares burned down buildings and they eventually crumbled." I replied from my spot in the back of the group.

"I hope the whole world's not like this." Aris commented.

"Well it is. I watched it happen." I sighed.

"Hey guys, do you hear that?" Thomas questioned. We all paused and listened in. Helicopter rotors could be heard over the wind and I gave Thomas a worried look.

"Everyone hide!" Thomas yelled. We all ducked under pieces of rubble and stayed silent.

I aim my hand at the berg, black and green smoke billowing from my palm. Aris put his hand on my wrist and shook his head.

When the machines disappeared from view, we crawled out of our hiding places. "Let's keep going." I suggested, heading to the hill of rubble in front of me.

"In case you haven't noticed, not all of us are mythical gods from Ass-guard." Teresa protested from Thomas's side.

"It's Asguard and I know you aren't gods. But from what I know about human reactions to natural disasters, you don't give up on your survival." I argued back.

"Well none of us have any experience in these kinds of conditions. We lived in a maze for three years."

"Actually, Fry, Newt, Winston and I were in the maze for three years. You showed up two days before we left." Minho corrected Teresa.

She just huffed and I stifled a laugh. I turned and kept walking. I could sense the boys following my actions and smirked at myself.