08

Y/n~

The throne room was filled with guests, guards of the Einherjar and honorary nobility. Father was seated in his large throne with his staff at his side. Mother and I were standing on the steps to the right of the throne. Mother was in a gold and yellow gown with her gleaming crown while I wore an extravagant black gown and matching tiara.

 Mother was in a gold and yellow gown with her gleaming crown while I wore an extravagant black gown and matching tiara

As I glanced around the massive room, a sense of déjà vu occurred to me

As I glanced around the massive room, a sense of déjà vu occurred to me. This is the day of Thor's coronation, the day of his oath to the throne and asguard. Another glance around the room and I could tell something was missing, someone actually.

I looked at the space between mother and I, the space where Loki is supposed to be. In confusion, I inched closer to mother. "Mother, where is Loki?" I inquired.

"Why I'm right here, dear sister," came a familiar voice from my right.

I turned around to greet Loki, but who I saw was not what I anticipated. It was Loki but he looked as though he was made purely of shadows and darkness. A silhouette of a dragon was floating around his shoulders and I took a step back in fear.

I looked to mother for help but she was a shadow as well, father too. What was happening? Thor then burst into the room right on time, wielding mjolnir in his hand and cheering. When he saw mother and Loki, it was as if something within him clicked and he exploded in a cloud of lightning. Leaving me alone to fend myself from the shadows inhabiting the throne room.

I abruptly sat up in a fit of deep breaths, drenched in my sweat. It wasn't long before Minho woke up from my outburst. He took one glance at me and immediately tried to comfort me. "Hey hey," he soothed. "It was just a dream. You're safe here."

I couldn't take it anymore and broke down in tears, leaning into Minho's chest. I listened to his heartbeat as he rubbed my back.

After a while I had finally calmed down and the others still managed to stay asleep. "Do you want to talk about it?" Minho asked, still holding me close.

"It was a memory of Thor's coronation," I began, wiping my tears. "Everything was normal until I saw Loki. He looked as though he was composed of shadows and he had the dragon around him. Mother and father were the same. Thor showed up and exploded in a cloud of lightning. I...I couldn't take it, my family is what haunts me."

"It's okay. It's okay." Minho softly spoke, his simple words calming me greatly.

"Thank you, Minho. For your support, I mean." I gave my appreciation and pulled the glader in for an embrace which he gladly returned.

"Your leg's looking better." Minho addressed, changing the subject.

I glanced down at my wound, which had been exposed through the night with my tossing and turning. There was no more swelling and no pain either. I tapped the stitches and didn't receive any painful response at all.

"Help me up, Minho." I asked, sitting up and pulling my good leg beneath me.

Minho complied and pulled me up by my hands, allowing me to lean on him for support. I slowly lowered my left leg, leaving most of my weight on my right. There was no pain as I lowered it more and when my weight was evenly distributed on both legs, I was shocked. How did I heal so fast overnight.

I took a tentative step forward, stumbled a little but caught myself. Another step and another and I found that I could walk perfectly fine again, I just had a slight limp. I turned around and leapt into Minho's arms, who was pretty shocked at my fast healing.

I gave a cry of delight as Minho swung me around in his arms, which resulted in the gladers waking up. "Sorry guys," I apologised when I was back on the ground.

"It's okay, Y/n." Thomas groggily responded, rubbing his eyes. "I'm just glad you can walk again."