Encounter - : Ch 1

As I walked out of the door, heading towards the rooftop, I sit on a nearby bench - with a view of New York at night. I had just drank a few bottles of wine, feeling nauseous. I was in my train of thoughts, everything was in a mess in my head.

I have always wondered, how do people ever cope with pain in a relationship, a relationship where you felt like you can't get out of.
It is interesting to know how other people have encountered such like these, I have always admired those people. It took around 4 months for me to finally make the decision and courage to leave him, Dylan Rad. He was rather, my first love, which makes it rather harder to move on from. Do others just ever go like, "I wanna break up." and thats how it ends?

Sometimes, I just think that's just lies. There's no way that people can ever just break up that easily, not to me. Everyone I've rather known had it the hard way of breaking up. This has always been on my mind, with no easier solution.

I was way too nervous at that time to ever gathered my courage to break up with him. It was rather one of the most scariest moments I've been through. It went through just better as I expected, not that hard. After all, my parents are the one who always have taught me to be brave. My mother is a fashion designer working at Miami, I'm currently living with my father. He works as a fisherman near the coast with a salary of the average wage, just enough for us to live.

They were famous in a small area in Miami, their daughter - would be me, I'm Ailea Jones. I'm really grateful for everything they have sacrificed for me. My mother, she has a better salary than my father so she would always send us money every week to help us with the bills. Our family is rich in wealth.
I'm pretty sure I dozed off too much thinking about this, the warm and cooling breeze from the air. The sky was rather magnificent today to look at, it makes me feel calm. Tonight was different, lovely.

As luck would have it, I was about to go daydream again. However, I heard a loud slam from the door, I expected someone to just vomit out of the door. The human figure looked rather tall, around 170 cm and handsome. Definitely a male. I looked around just to realize - everyone had already left and it was past midnight. What was I still doing here? This person looked like they got here in a hurry, would be no surprise if they were alone. I let out a faint sigh.

I slowly start to doze off again while looking at the majestic view of the sky tonight, it's so beautiful today. All I needed was just some peace and rest all alone, universe really had me fated for this person to come here to bother my peace. I fear being alone with man I do not know personally, although this time it might be different. He looked rather pitiful, tired and innocent. I'm way too comfortable in my current position to think of anything right now.

Felt too bothered, I slowly open my eyes to make my way to the human just leaning at the ceramic wall behind him. His shining eyes were already looking at my way, neither of us approached eachother - just a dead silence for a whole minute until he came up to me. I could tell how he felt just by his heavy breathing and his tears held back in his eyes. He starts to kick everything on the rooftop to release his anger, that's how you know someone had a shitty day and they need to let it out. I stare at him a little longer before he realised he was setting a bad first impression. He just stood awkwardly with his hands in fists, looking around him - was probably trying to get a sense of his surroundings.

It's not like I'm gonna be judging this guy for feeling like he needs to let everything out, I'm literally twenty years old. It's either he doesn't know he's not in a private space or he knows but he wants me to just stare at what he's doing. His eyes just slowly stares at every part of me, his gaze is empty.

"May I know your name? Mine's Josiah, " he questioned.

I hesitated for a bit, "Yeah sure, It's Ailea."

Things got awkward between us for a while, he raised his eyebrows for a minute. I didn't know what to say and he saw it too.

"So, what's up earlier? I saw you kicking stuff in a fuss," I asked

"Nothing, I just messed up today at work, nothing major but still it affects me," he answered in a rather soft tone.

I can hear his voice chilling down my spine and soon all over my body, this was the first ever guy that had made me felt like this. I won't lie, he does look and sound perfect to me. Neither did I realize, I was already checking him out head to toe. He really is admirable, something about him is different from the rest.

Out of curiosity, I interrogated, "What do you do for a living? If it's fine?"

"Well, I do nursing for a living if that peaks your interest my cutie?" he uttered in a flirty tone.

That touched my heart, as someone who gains feelings easily by flirting or acts of service. Was it too early to assume now? I think I really am starting to fall for him. His flirty tone and behavior really got me there, I love people who can flirt and will do so publicly without embarrassment. Great to know that he does nursing for a living, his salary must be higher than the average wage considering he is a frontline worker. I wonder if he lives in an apartment all for himself or in a condo.

( Nursing/nurse = administer medication, keep records, monitor patients, consult with other care providers, and educate individuals and their families on healthcare. )