Hospital - Ch 14 (Josiah's POV)

Starting off my day just right, my girlfriend's first day of work today; so so proud of her. I'm here getting ready with my tie. Today's another long shift, maximum probably more than a day if there's alot of patients I have to handle with today. I hope she knows how proud I am for her for finally getting a job and getting accepted. Doesn't seem much but for me it is, I know the feeling of going for an interview; really scary to say the least.

Ailea is one of the smartest and creative person I have seen, I know she can manage it all. I believe in her. Finally done with breakfast, I started heading off to the hospital to start my shift. Getting in my car, I started the engine and rode off.

Being under Mrs. Louise team hasn't been all that bad, quite managable. Also quite the only reason I have and still am going to work. She's in charge of my medical team, thus, following her orders. We rule out the possibilities of the diseases and other probabilities that can happen to a patient. Being a nurse can be quite fun especially if you are working with co-operative people around you. It's such a high paying job too and easy - only if you know what you are doing.

Ding. I got a notification from my phone while I am driving to work, i'll check what it says later. Driving while texting is dangerous. I saw the name, it was from Ailea. I hope she is doing just fine. I do miss her from the bottom of my heart.

Whilst stopping, because of red lights obviously; I went ahead and checked my phone. It was so sweet, I really love her.

It reads, "Yes, don't worry. I'll try to have fun at work! Just hoping that I don't mess it up on the first day itself and of course I'll ask you if I need help in anything."
"See you later as well love!"

Thats so sweet. Sadly as I wanted to reply, the lights turn green again. I could see the hospital in sight. Did I ever mentioned how big this hospital is? It is like 12 stories tall. Finally making a left turn and parking my car, I went out. Today looks packed. I went ahead to go inside the building and to Mrs. Louise office.

"Well, we have a case. This patient is having bloody diarrhoea and behaviour disorder," with a concerning look on Ms. Chia, who's also apart of Mrs. Louise's team.

With then Mrs. Louise responding, "Have you ruled out the other possible diseases already?"

"Should be, I think the patient has Erdheim-Chester disease," another doctor replied.

I'm the only nurse in this team along with 2 doctors, Ms. Chia, Mr. Lim and Mrs. Louise herself.

"Mr. Caid? Can you help us check on the patient state currently?" as Mrs. Louise went through with her paperwork.

"Will do," I replied.

I went into room 504D, the patient's room. His name is Jude Carter, recently admitted 2 days ago due to a sudden seizure at home and was called to the hospital. He was found unconcious by the time we had gotten there and brought to the hospital.

Steady heartbeat, no problems with potassium level and wide awake. Looks fine for now. I went back to check again with Mrs. Louise.

"Patient is doing alright for now. No signs of anything abnormal," I reported back to Mrs. Louise to inform her, "Do we need to do any MRI or blood tests or LP?"

"Nope, that will do. Thank you," she nodded.

To be continued.