Trying to Cook...Trying

Hey my cupcakes. I'm trying something new... work with me on the nickname for you guys. Anywhale. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have had a case of writer's block *flips table* But its gone now. *fixes table* *throws flowers* Anywhale, this one-shot is dedicated to @Crazzypop who requested it. Remember guys, request are open so send me a message. On to the story!

It was a bright sunny morning. Upstairs, in the apartment of the Lucky Cat Café, slept a girl of (your age). Her (h/c) hair created a halo across the pillow as her chest rose and feel gently with her stable breathing. She snuggled deeper into her best friend, Hiro's, blanket, unknowingly breathing in the smell of him. (Y/n) rolled over in her best friends bed and continue sleeping.

Where was Hiro in all of this? He was downstairs, trying to make breakfast for the girl upstairs still fast asleep. Take notice that trying was the key word.

The poor boy had flower in his messy, dark hair. Pancake batter covered his shirt. His eyebrows were furrowed in concentration as he cracked the eggs and stirred it into the mix, succeeding only in getting more batter on his shit.

"Ugh" Hiro groans. He could build a robot, super suits, and save the world, but he couldn't make simple pancake.

Why was this is important? Hiro was constantly going out of us way to impress (y/n). He's had a crush on her since they meet few years back. The girl that was still asleep was the young hero's first crush. He constantly did things to impress her, only to 'trip over his own feet.' Sometimes literally.

"Aunt Case makes this seem so easy." Hiro pouts, "Why can't I do it?"

Unknown to him, upstairs, (y/n) finally stirs and awakes. She stands, yawning lightly, and wraps Hiro's blanket around her shoulders. She slowly makes her way down the steps.

"Ugh" Hiro groans again.

(Y/n) tilts her head once she sees the struggling boy. "Hiro? What are you doing?"

The boy in question jumps a little and looks over. He blushes at the sight.

(Y/n)'s eyes were half lidded, still tired. Her hair was slightly messy, creating small curls that framed her face. She was snuggled into Hiro's blanket, which covered her pajama shirt and shorts. The shorts...were very short. The t-shirt with (fav superhero) on it covered them.

Hiro shook his head to clear his thoughts, blush still evident. "M-making breakfast."

(Y/n) chuckles. "Trying at least." She walks over and looks around. "This looks like a battle ground..."

"It was" Hiro sighs.

"Want help?"

"Well I was trying to...." he sighs again, "Yes please"

The girl chuckles and walks over. She puts the blanket on the counter, grabbing a spare apron and putting it on. (y/n) takes the bowl and starts to stir

"See? Not hard. Come here" She motions for him to come over. Hiro walks over as (y/n) hands him the bowl. She walks behind him, wrapping her arms around his and shows him how to stir correctly.

Hiro's face heats up as she leads his arms on a continuous circle.

"You got it?" (Y/n) asks after a while

Hiro nods silently, not trusting his voice with (Y/n) pressed up against his back.

She lets go and goes to another bowl. Hiro automatically misses the warmth but continues to stir.

"Why are you up so early anywhale?" (Y/n) asks, not looking from the bowl "It's just breakfast. We could've made together from the beginning."

Hiro clears his throat awkwardly. "I-I, uh, wanted to make it for you"

The girl finally looks up. Her face is a light pink. "You wanted to make breakfast for me?"

Hiro nods silently

"Aw...you're the best" (Y/n) walks over and pecks his cheek. She walks back as if nothing happened

If only she noticed Hiro's wide smile...

(•-•)

I feel proud of this one XD. Thanks again Crazzypop ! BYE-BYE! *runs away*