Chapter 1

Hunter (5 years ago)

Hunter sighed as he sat at the edge of the creek. He had just turned seventeen in five years he would be twenty-one and take over the Alpha position. His father's taught him how to be an Alpha since the first time he shifted. At thirteen he didn't expect to be shoved into training let alone learning how to be an Alpha. Sure, they had brought it up prior to him shifting but it was still new. His mother couldn't stand to be in the room as he and his twin sister Lelani shifted for the first time. She couldn't stand to hear the sounds of her children crying as their bones broke and morphed back into that of a wolfs form. It had surprised their fathers to see that the twins had non-identical wolves. From the first time they shifted both Lelani and Hunter knew that even though they had the same mother they had different fathers. That had surprised them both. Hunter was the son of Zackary and Lelani was the daughter of Leo. But they decided not to let that change how they looked at their parents. Sienna was their mother and both Zackary and Leo were they're fathers.

The color of their fur was another clue to their different parental linage. Hunter's fur was dark black like his father but what was surprising was the color of Lelani's fur. It was a silver color. Same color of the moon. A year after their first shift Lelani decided she wanted to take over the position of pack doctor. Hunter and his sister then grew apart it wasn't until Lelani found her mate that she and Hunter became close again. Hunter was happy for his sister. Truely. But he couldn't help but feel envious as well. After all each wolf dreamed of the day that they would find their mate. So here he was staring into the water wondering if he would ever be so lucky as to find his own mate.

"Are you really just going to sit here all day?"

Hunter turned his head and looked at his sister. Lelani was in her human form; she was six months pregnant she'd been in human form from the moment she found out she was carrying. It was dangerous for female she wolves to shift forms while are carrying pups. He turned his head back to the creek laying his head back on his paws.

"Seriously? Mom and dads are looking for you. You know that the crescent pack is coming over to renew their alliance with us. And as upcoming Alpha you are required to be in attendance."

'Did dad make you rehearse that?' He asked through link.

"So, what if he did he's right. Come on, I brought you a change of clothes. Who knows you may even meet your mate." She shrugged. Hunter's ears perked at that statement. His mate. Standing he shook out his fur and shifted. Nudity wasn't a big deal in their kind. So being naked in front of his sister wasn't anything new or uncomfortable for them. He grabbed the clothes from his sister and began putting them on. "Maybe I should've just started with the mate thing first." She laughed.

"How's the pup?" Hunter decided to change the topic.

"Nice diversion. She has just started kicking Cooper is very excited." She smiled as she placed her hand on her stomach.

"I still think it is a boy." Hunter said while pulling on his shirt. Barefoot he began walking home. Lelani was step and step with him. "Do you really think that there is a chance my mate may be in that pack?"

"Anything is possible big bro."

"I hate it when you call me that."

"I know why you think I called you that." She laughed.

"You're in a good mood today. Why?"

"Don't know what you mean. I'm always in a good mood."

Hunter scoffed, "Youve never been in a good mood since the moment we were conceived." Their pack house came into view.