Chapter 13

It was a while before he heard the two of them walking his way. Not that he really minded anyway, it gave him time on how exactly he should word everything. Should he start with the good, the bad. Or maybe the other way around. The first thing he noticed when they approached him was the wet hair. They must've taken a shower before coming out here. That's what took them so long, they sat across from him, his knees hitting the coffee table, he leaned forward resting his forearms on his thighs.

The tension of the situation hung heavy in the air with a deep breath. Hunter began to explain all that was discussed and everything that he had learned.

Raven had a look of shock and horror.

"So basically tomorrow we need to get to work?" Max asked.

"Yes."

"You and Raven will both be fighting while I'm supposed to wait? Sit in the bunker and twiddle my fingers." Max had gotten up and was pacing her tone of voice upset.

"Maxine," She turned to glare at him, "You cannot fight, you've not been trained-"

"Neither has Raven!"

"But she will have an advantage. She will be in the original form of the lycanthrope. I've been trained since birth for moments like this," He got up going over to Max taking her in his arms, "I can't with good faith have the majority of our pack hiding without one of us with them, He looked at Raven who had yet to move from her spot.

Alright but if either of you die on me Ill bring your asses back from the dead so I can kill you myself. Hunter gave her a calming smile. Moving back to the couch they now had to deal with Raven and what she was going through at the moment. Frozen in a state of shock.

Raven-

I can't do this. I'm supposed to change my form and fight. Raven leaned forward putting her head in her hands trying to stop from hyperventilating. Hunter pulled her into his lap, Max wanting to give her mate comfort as well started stroking her hair.

I don't know how this is going to work out but I know that the moon goddess would never lie to one of her seers. Hunter told Raven, she sniffled and looked him in the eyes. She nodded, after the stress of the evening the three of them decided to call it an early night, after all they had a big day ahead of them tomorrow.

The next morning the three of them came up with a basic plan once done with that they went to work. Raven went to see the seer, hoping to get more information on how this transformation would take place and what she was to expect. Max went with Sienna to make sure that the bunker they would be hiding in was able to house them all. The members that would not be fighting could possibly be staying here for a bit and possibly after the fight while things were being rebuilt. Making a list of supplies Max and Sienna went through to make sure that they had the right items and the right numbers needed for them to hold up, all while making sure that there was stuff to keep the young children safe and entertained. Hunter along with his fathers went to see the warriors. They spent the day figuring out which ones would be best fighting in wolf and human forms.

Seeing as how Jayson always had a back up idea and with being told by the seer, they weren't taking the chance that all of Jaysons warriors would be in one form or the other. By the end of the day a majority of what was needed was done. There were a few trusted pack members taking care of the finishing touches. Raven looked at the clock on the wall, they had less than twenty-four hours before the appending war. Hunter was more than happy when he met his mates for dinner and they were once again in his sight. The closer the war the more anxious he was when they were not in his sight.

Max happily walked into his open embrace while Raven was hanging back. He had a short flash to when she had first come and was keeping herself guarded by keeping her distance. Dinner was silent at first then Max went to tell them both about her productive day.

Raven, how was your day? Asked Max before taking another bite of her meal.

It was alright. Raven muttered as she continued to play with the food on her plate moving it around with her fork. Occasionally taking a bite here and there.

Bird, you know that you can tell us anything you don't have to hold everything in. Hunter told her.

The seer told me what the transformation process would be and such.

And?

It will be a painful experience. Even changing back will be painful. The only upside is that I'll be able to change into that form for the rest of my life. Both tried to comfort her but she wasn't having any of it. She didn't want the comfort she just wanted the whole thing to be over with. The rest of the evening was as normal as it could possibly be in the situation that they were currently in. Raven stared up at the ceiling while the other two were fast asleep, she worried about tomorrow, worried that so many people would not make it out through this. All she could do was hope for the best outcome.