Chapter 2

Raven (16 years ago)

Raven had been debating her decision since she found out who her mate was. Watching Hunter chase after his twin sister. Even now she felt the mate pull towards him. His scent wouldn't become appealing to her until he hit puberty. But based on her decision she would be here when he did. Sienna scent drew her focus to the matter at hand. Raven looked up to see the pregnant woman headed her way, how was she supposed to tell her best friend? That she was leaving. That her mate was Sienna's very own son. Sienna carefully sat next to her friend, "Something is bothering you. Has been for a few days now. So, what is it?"

Might as well get it over with. Rip the band aid so to say, "I'm going to be leaving."

"What? Why?" Raven looked over at Sienna.

"I know who my mate is."

"Thats great!"

"Not really."

"Why?" Sienna followed Raven's sorrow filled longing look to see that it was directed to Hunter, "Oh. Hunter?"

"Yep."

"Don't make any decisions yet. Let me talk with Leo and Zack first ok. For me?" Raven nodded. Sienna got up from the chair going to find her mates. While Raven sat looking up at the sky until a cry rang out. She looked over to where the twins were and for Lelani on the ground while Hunter was hitting a child.

"Hunter!" Raven yelled as she rushed over to stop the scene before her. Raven pulled Hunter off the child, "What on earth is going on!" 

"He hurt Lele." Hunter fought against Raven trying to get to the bleeding child once more.

"Hunter take Lelani back into the house. Ill met you in the kitchen."

"But-"

"Now!" Hunter glared at the child but gave in going to his sister and helping her to the kitchen to get cleaned up. Raven waited until they were both inside, "Hurting the Alphas daughter," She tsked, "You're not too bright are you kid. You got a name?" She asked as she helped the child up. 

"Cooper." He said sniffling.

"Well cooper you're what nine," Cooper nodded. Raven rubbed her temples, "Why'd you hurt Lelani?"

"I don't know." Cooper muttered not meeting her gaze.

"A little piece of advice don't hurt the girls you like. It won't work out for you in the end. Now don't pick on Lelani again. I won't always be here to stop Hunter."

"Yes, beta Raven."

Now Raven had to go deal with her five-year-old mate and his surprising temper. But it was good to know that he cares about his sister. Walking into the kitchen she watched as Hunter cleaned up his sister. When he got older, he would make a wonderful father, Raven just wouldn't be the mother. Her heart clenched at the pain, but she knew deep down it was for the best. 

"There all better. If that guy bothers you again just come and get me, I'll beat him up good." Raven stifled a laughed.

"Thanks, Hunty. Auntie Raven look Hunty fixed me all good." 

"I see that. Lelani because don't you and Hunter go out and play some more." Lelani ran along leaving Hunter with Raven.

"Are you really leaving?" Raven looked down at the small child.

"How'd you know that? Were you listening to your mommy and me? You shouldn't eavesdrop it's not nice."

"I know. I didn't hear everything. All I heard is that you were leaving and mommy doesn't want you to."