Chapter 3

Raven

Lifting the second suitcase onto the bed Raven began to pack once the case was full, she pulled the zipper closed. She stared at the two suitcases did she really need both? No, she would just take the first which held a week's worth of things that she would need. "I'm coming with you." She heard Jay say from behind her.

"You don't need to Jay."

"No, I do. Once you break the bond it will be extremely psychically and emotionally draining. As your chosen mate I will be there to support you." He kissed her cheek ignoring the uneasy she felt and Angel growling in her head. Something wasn't right both she and Angel could feel it. Question was what were they feeling? Maybe it was the fact that they were going to reject the other half of her soul. Or was it that she was going back to the home she once abandoned. To her old pack. To the people and family, she left in the night without so much as a goodbye or farewell. Yeah, that had to be it, Raven thought. The entire way to the pack she was fidgeting the closer they got the more anxious Raven and Angel became. 

"Rave, calm down all you have to do is approach the boy and reject him. Then we can go home and start our life together." The way that he said that word, together, there was an underlining tone. Raven moved away from Jay. It was like he was clouding her ability to think clearly on how she wanted to proceed. But that underlining uneasy grew with every step they took closer to the pack. It wasn't her nerves no it was the way that Jay was acting. By the time that they made it to the gate Jay was another person. A smirk on his face that made her feel cold just looking at it. Jay took ahold of her hand holding it just a little too tight. They crossed the threshold of the pack a few people passed by.

They could all sense the Alpha power coming off of Jay in waves. Since he wasn't their Alpha, they didn't need to submit but they still kept a respectful distance. From the looks on their faces Raven knew that they were linking the Alpha and most likely his parents. Not really how she wanted to reunite with most of the friends that she considered family. But then again, she was planning on rejecting the son of her friends. Zack and Leo came rushing forward and Sienna wasn't far behind.

"Raven is that you? It's been for-"

Raven interrupted Leo, "Yes I know." The men looked over at Jay.

"Alpha Jayson." Both growled out. The anger on their faces were very evident, Raven looked between the three confused.

"So, it seems like you're actually going to go through with it." Sienna said once she joined the group. The men continued to glare at one another completely ignoring the women.

"It's for the best. Once I reject him, he can find a chosen or second mate. One that is closer to him in age and more completable."

"Raven there's something that you-"

Raven tuned her out when the wind shifted sending to scents her way. One was clearly a male scent a more earthy musk. The other was the scent of a woman flowery sweet. Her eyes were closed as she inhaled more of the scents when she opened them her eyes searched for the scents. She found them a few feet behind Sienna. The man had fair skin, dark short cut hair, he was at least six foot if not a little over and he had slight amounts of a five o'clock shadow. The woman was just barely reached his shoulders, like the man she was fair skinned with scorching red hair that reached her mid-back and curves in all the right places. Their eye was the same black with gold flecks meaning that their wolves had taken over. Raven understood the man's reaction he had to be Hunter. But who was the woman and why was she acting as if she had just met her mate. Based on how close they stood and their hand holding it would appear that Hunter had found a chosen mate. So, who was this woman?

"Mate." 

Their eyes locked on Raven; the look sent shivers of pleasure running through her body. Raven even felt herself getting wet. She shifted trying to stop from doing anything that would increase her arousal to the two but that was the wrong move. They both inhaled her scent, their canines elongating ready to mark what was theirs.