chapter 10

Raven

Sitting across from Dr. Hayden, Raven thought back to how she got here. Oh yeah because of the jackass that she had thought would be a good chosen mate tortured her physically and mentally. A few days after she started talking Dr. Hayden had been brought in. And so, they decided to meet twice a week and it was going well so far. In the beginning it was hard. It wasn't that Raven didn't want help, it's just that she never had to rely on anyone else for help.

"So today I want to talk about some of what you went through." Dr. Hayden leaned back her notepad and pencil at the ready.

"Honestly I only remember one event. Jayson had said-"

Flash back

Jayson walked into the room, "So she finally gave in, I was wondering when Angel's control would waver, and you would come back. Angel sure is protective of you. She's the perfect submissive, you dear are not. So, let's see which one of these tools will take you."

Raven had complete control and glared at the man. Her eyes followed Jayson as he moved to the tables. On it were blades, whips, hammers and to her horror a cattle prod. Jayson turned back to see her eyeing it wearily.

He smirked, "Oh should we start with electricity." Raven pulled at the silver bindings that were holding her naked blood and sweat covered body to the wooden chair, "I won't use the prod. Not yet anyway," he picked up two metal paddles, "let's start with this. It better not crack you. I'd be very disappointed if it did."

Jayson moved behind her, grabbing a belt he shoved it in her mouth before placing a paddle on each side of her head. Her chest arched as the currents of electricity ran through her body. The screams were muffled by the belt, Jayson pulled them away. Raven slumped forward, but he didn't let her rest for long. Raven lost count of the number of times he shocked her. When she woke, Raven felt different, her memory was off. Something told her it would be best for her to just follow her instinct. She played the puppet.

A lifeless doll.

Maybe it was a way to cope. But if Jayson thought she showed any sign of her old self he took her back to the room. The days began to blur eventually and before she knew it, she was back in her home pack.

"And that's the most I can remember."

"Well, your mind could have blocked out the traumatic memories as a safeguard. Angel wouldn't even be able to see them. As werewolves we ate able to handle traumatic events easier than humans. But we are still half human. Has Angel let on about anything that she experienced?"

"No."

"Angel these sessions are as much yours as they are Ravens."

Raven sat waiting for any sign that Angel was present. She felt Angel there, but she was just curled in a ball. Had been for some time now.

Dr. Hayden looked at Raven, waiting, "Anything?"

"No, like I can feel her, but she hasn't spoken much. I think she's upset that I won't give in to the mate bond just yet."

"Yes, our wolves don't always understand why we don't give in to the bond right away. Thar is the human part of us. Animal bonds are different then human bonds." Raven looked up at the clock on the wall. Dr. Hayden followed her gaze.

"Running out the clock is not the main objective Raven."

Still Raven got up from the seat, "I'm aware. But our time is up, and I will be leaving. I'll see you next week." Raven didn't wait for a response and walked out of the office.

It was late in the evening by the time Raven said Hunter and Max. Raven gripped the couch she was sitting on as she caught the scent of Max's heat. Raven was surprised how much her body reacted. She could feel herself getting highly aroused. Raven had the urge to bury her face between Max's thighs.